Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Baby Shower


So, my daughter's baby shower was yesterday, I said before that to me a baby shower equals great food, he, he, he. Yesterday's menu did not disappoint either. Pozole, rice, re fried beans, enchiladas, and beef. The chips and salsa and plenty of drinks too. (No,no booze) it's a baby shower after all.

My daughter is a member of a website called "The Knot" many of her friends came over plus of course a lot of family members came too. We already know that she is having a little girl, and trust me after last night this little girl will not be needed clothes for like the next year or two. Boy did she receive presents.


As you can see, the chips and salad bar was a popular stop


As most of you may already know, the new baby will be grand baby number seven for "mi chica" and I. What a joy and what a gift to see all of my grand kids running around the house, they love coming over and for us it's such a treat to have them. I just don't see my life without any of them.


Grand kids showing grandpa some love


No matter how you slice it, if you can't count on family and friends, who can you count on? The atmosphere thought the day was one of happiness and joy. I am an expert at guessing the size of the belly and yesterday was no different, I took my guess and won... well that was before "mi chica" disqualified me, something to do with you can't compete because you always win. Ummmm!


You ask how do I win so much, simple I either use the following equation:
Or the more simple approach of using your own belly. OK, actually the second is the one I use time and time again and I just keep winning.


So all in all, a great time was had by all. A big thanks to "mi chica" who did all of the cooking. The food was absolutely delicious and I think it's safe to say we all gained a pound or two by the end of the day. But the biggest winner is the coming baby, she received more clothes than she'll be able to wear in a year.

8 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh how much fun was that!! I was at a baby shower on Sunday Afternoon. New babies everywhere!

Congratulations on this new little one coming to bless your family!

Jose said...

wanda - I did tell you it's grand kid number seven, right! And Michelle's number 3 baby. It was a lot of fun and she got plenty of baby stuff to last her a long while.

Michelle said...

Yes! The baby shower was indeed awesome! I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family! I got more than I could have asked for... and then some. My mom cooked my two favorite foods. And more than gifts, I felt all the support in the world, as Jr and I get ready to welcome our third and final bundle of joy into our family.

Mel said...

AWww What a great time!!! Congrats grandpa!

Jose said...

michelle - I totally agree with you. The support was indeed overwhelming.

mel - Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

OH how fun!!! Love the pics granpa!

Tara said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on #7 :D

Anonymous said...

Panzón. jajaja

Elena.

No quiere esta cosa mi pasword.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants