Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tidbits of Nothing

So today in the news, Blu-ray is in and HD DVD is out. What does that mean to me? Absolutely nothing, I still don't even own a HD TV so it makes no difference to me. I for one kindda don't like the clarity of the image on the TV, although they are very clear actually nice for scenery and things like that when it comes to showing people you can see the tons of make up the have on, you can see the pores in their skin, the pimples on their faces it's just too much. Not even real life is that clear. When is it enough? Alas, I will have to buy me one in a year or two.

Actually I still own, my Sony Beta VCR and I have a healthy amount of Beta Video Cassettes. Talk about stuck in the past. lol I wonder if it's worth anything, it was released during the olypics in L.A. and it came with special olympic badges which are still pretty much intact. Just one of those things that makes me go Hummmmmm!

~~~~~~~~~~


Tonight is the beginning of the real American Idol competition. America aided by Paula, Randy, and of course Simon will start deciding who will go and who will stay. Three days of American Idol are still not enough, people claim that they are fed up with the show, and the judges but the numbers don't lie. American Idol continues to be king of the reality shows. I don't have a favorite yet but I wouldn't be surprised if the women start dominating like they did last year.

~~~~~~~~~~


Prison Break's season finalle was last night, now they are going to make us wait half a year or so to see what will happen. I hate when they go on hyatus. That is the beauty of the Mexican telenovelas, they have a beginning, a middle, and an end, and other than leaving you wanting for more on a daily basis, they never make you wait months at a time to see the next episode.

~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

Yup, I couldn't be any happier about the Blu Ray victory!

Erin said...

Well I do have a DVD, but not a HD DVD... Maybe I'll just skip that one and head right to Blu Ray... what the heck is that even??? Ugh, I'm so behind the times!

Chely said...

I don't understand all of these changes. To be honest, I haven't done anything or even bothered to check if this is going to affect me.

I guess that if one day I turn on my TV and it doesn't work. I'll worry about it.

For now, we'll see...

-------------------------------
Now, American Idol was interesting last night.

Of course, I'm rooting for the 17 year old!!!

Joe - I'd figure he'd be your favorite, given the fact that you love eating so much and his last name has a "Chuleta" in it!

LOL=D

Jose said...

mrmanuel - Yep, I knew you would. You are all into your electronic toys, but me I'm still so behind.

ec - You have got to go down to your local Circuit City of Best Buy and ask the clecks there to direct you to their Blu-ray displays so you can see what the hype is all about.

As I said before, the clarity of the image projected on those new HD TV's is cleared than real life, it's a whole new way of watching TV.

chely - In 2009 analog TV's will be no more, it's all going digital. If you still have a TV that you really love all you'll have to do is buy an adapter but like I told EC, go to one of those electronic stores and check out their display units. It's pretty trippy.

As for American Idol, yeah, he is cool isn't he, they better change his look quick because as Simon stated last night the whole show's premise is to find a start that will sell millions of records. Look at what happened to Taylor, his label already dropped him as he couldn't sell records. Now if "carne asada" would have been part of his last name maybe. lol I like chuletas but not that much.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants