Monday, February 18, 2008

The Weekend

Mi chica and I are adapting rather well to being all by ourselves, after so many years of being with our kids and then the last three years with our kids, their kids and their husbands our happy household of 9 is now reduced to a very happy household of two.

Do I miss the screams, the fights, the nagging etc, etc, etc? Yeah, I must admit I do, but can I live without it... hell yeah! It's good to have some peace and tranquility. So far the kids are doing fine and finally learning to make it on their own. When I need my grandkid fix, I bring up the pictures in my computer and call them. Not the same as having them there with me but it'll work.

Our Saturday started quiet but mi chica and I decided to go out since the day was absolutely beautiful. We did a WalMart run to buy some escentials, then off to eat to our favorite Mexican restaurant, then off to pay some utilities, buy some water, stop for coffee at McDonalds (mi chica loves Mickey Ds coffee), then went to Circuit City to browse for DVD although we winded up admiring the new TVs and bought no DVDs, and then back to the house.


This is my beautiful niece Marya singing a couple of songs for us.


Sunday, my sister her husband and my niece came to visit. They had been wanting to come as see how I do the karaoke thing on the computer. I got them to sing some songs on line and they discovered that it is not hard at all and it's actually fun. They got some fans instantly. My sister brought food and between her and mi chica they cooked this chorizo and groud beeg dish that was pretty delicious.


"Mi chica" and my sister enjoying the recordings.
By the look on their faces they must be listening to me sing. lol


We totally had a great weekend, good fun, great food, and awesome company. What else can we ask for.

7 comments:

Wanda said...

Two is my favorite number when it comes to Hubby and Me...glad you and your sweetie can be alone again.

When I move....I will be having my house full of grandkids, etc. I look forward to that...! LOL:)

Chely said...

Ay, que padre!!! I'm glad you guys got together.

I for one, had a great, unexpected visit from my mom, Ade, Raul & Samy. My mom & I spent quality time on Saturday and then, had a get-together with all of them & Memo & his family plus new grandchild. April had a friend visiting from Washington state as well, so I had a full house.

Michelle said...

Looks like fun Daddy! And you got them singing... good for you.

I for one painted and did house things all weekend. Cleaned, laundry, and we finally got lights and ceiling fans put up in every room. Yeah!

Mel said...

You cant ask for more than that! Sounds like a great weekend!

MrManuel said...

I was all set to comment on your family pictures and then I stopped and lost all thought when you wrote the word "chorizo." Oh glorious chorizo!

Elena said...

Usualmente nuestros fines de semana suelen ser muy monótonos, pero ya ven que yo me pinto sola para tener grandiosas ideas y entonces pensé, -por que no juntamos nuestros respectivos aburrimientos con mi hermanito y mi bff- así es que una llamada por telefono y ya está.
Un muy agradable domingo con fans y todo.
Thankyou guys.

Jose said...

wanda - Two is rapidly becoming my favorite too. However I love my house full of grandkids.

chely - wow, you had a full house too.

michelle - not only singing for me but cooking for me too. lol I'm awesome am I not?

mrmanuel - Why did I know that you would pick on that word. lol



mel - Great weekend indeed.

elena - Si que la pasamos chido verdad. La proxima vez cantaremos duetos y tu me haras tercera en el que grabamos Maryita y yo.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants