Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Top 16


Here is Katharine McPhee and Elliot Yamin's duet "Real Love" that is on "Randy Jackson's Music Club, Vol. 1,". CD will be released March 11, 2008.



This post to be continued tomorrow with my thoughts on American Idol the guys sing the 80's. Feel free to comment on the song and come back tomorrow to comment on the show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back, it was certainly a good show, I don't think I'll remember any of the performances as being great. I mentioned before how much I hate to hear anything Whitney Houston or Celine Dion so what is Chikezie thinking, he has a beautiful voice and I actually think he can sing but don't they tell them over and over that if they are eliminated it will be because of their song choice. I don't know why he would pick a gender bender when last week Alexandrea was criticized and eliminated for that one reason. I really think he should be safe and be part of the top 12.

Do you want me to talk Danny Noriega? I thought you would. Did I mentioned before he annoys me to no end? I know I did. His performance last night gave me the creeps, for a moment there they way he was dancing I thought he was going to strip and I kept looking for a pole. lol Oh, wait wrong guy, the one all over the news about dancing and stripping in a gay disco is David Hernandez. I however really like the way he sings, plus he is our home town guy, I just hope he doesn't sing no more Celine. I hope he is another top 12 member.

So, Danny definitely one of my bottom two, the other unfortunately is... huh, wait he sang, he sang, yeah he sang a song from the 80s but was is his name, oh yeah Luke, Luke Menard that's who. Yeah, his performance was nothing special at all. Consider him my second bottom two.

The real question is, we all know Danny will continue to survive, so will Chikezie be sacrificed tomorrow night? We'll just have to wait and see.

So I know you are dying to hear who my top two choices were for the guys competition last night, well then wait no more my top pick was definitely Jason Castro, his rendition of that Shrek song was really good. He, he, he, I called it that Shrek song because it reminded me of the movie but "Hallelujah" is a beautiful song. I think he messed it up at the end but still to me it was the best song of the night.





And my second pick for the night is David Cook. I am not a fan but I think his was the only unique performance last night. He really made that Lionel Ritchie song his own.

I'll be back tonight with my take on the girls. Stay tuned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, the girls did their thing and for the most part were all good. Asiah, one of my favorites had to sing a Whitney Houston song, you all know by now how I feel about
Whitney and Celine so she deserved the review she got. I always have Kady as my bottom two and actually thought she should have been gone last week and then she sings a good song and showcases good vocals, I really liked her this week. Christy Lee Cook did an OK job but like Luke Menard she is definitely in danger of leaving us tomorrow. I didn't like Brooke White's "unplugged" version of a Pat Benatar classic but Simon did and that just may take her to top 12 status. I think they were all good and to me none of them really shined. But if I had to pick my favorite it would be Syesha Mercado, I really think she has a thin fan base though. It will be a couple of surprises tomorrow when they send them home.

So, I'll say based on popularity Kady and Christy will be the ones leaving tomorrow. What do you think? Speak now of forever hold your peace.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh yay I was waiting for this topic cuz Jr was trying to hear my opinions. He thinks they're all gay.

Ok so... I cannot stand Luke! I have never liked him and he irritates me to no end. Good thing I have DVR because I just fast forward him. Definately out. I also don't care for that Michael Johns guy. He just gets lost in the mix. But the judges liked him. I like Danny... I don't think he'll make it too far but I like him. And I definately think Chikezie should be safe... but he has me a little worried. But for sure Luke is out.

Overall I was pretty impressed last night. David Archuleta, great like always. David Hernandez, I was like NO not Celine! But he was good. David Cook... awesome! I loved it. Jason Castro... amazing! I looooved his performance too. Yes he messed it up at the end I think but the judges didn't even mention it. It was good. So I can't pick a favorite just yet. I was very impressed.

Now for the girls!

Chely said...

I'm glad I got to read this review because I missed the guy's show on Tuesday.

We were at the Staples Center cashing in on Thalia's Christmas Present from me...we attended "The Link Park" Concert!

So, I missed my opportunity to hear David Archuleta (my favorite) but the concert was worth it:D

Chely said...

Oops! "Linkin Park" Concert;)

See what happends when we type fast?

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants