Monday, March 03, 2008

Pease and Tranquility

Tuesday is my day of relaxation, I go to work and don't come home since I stay at my mom's. Other than visiting my sister from six to seven so I can be back in time to watch American Idol the mood at my moms is so tranquil that I fall asleep very early. It's been a year since she had cable installed so we can watch cable TV, but I prefer to watch TV with her for a little while and then I go to my room and do some reading.

Right now I am reading "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. This book is taking me forever to read, not because it's boring but because I do too many things that I only read a little bit at a time. Although the book was written in Spanish (my sister has that one) I was given this book as a Christmas gift. My sister in law thought I may enjoy it and she was not wrong. This book won the Nobel Prize and is now a major motion picture. My sister keeps telling me to hurry up so we can find a theater to go watch it. At the speed I'm going we may just get it on DVD.

Anyway, the piece and tranquility at my mom's and the lack of computer allow me to read a few chapters in one night. So, I go to bed so early that sometimes I wake up at two in them morning thinking it's time to go to work, then I realize I still have another three and a half hours to go. It's not uncommon for me to wake up again at least two more times before it really is time for me to get up.

Try going to be early at home and it's like no way Jose, when I am at home the time just swooshes by and before I know it it's 1:00 a.m. Computers and movies, oh and recorded shows on the DVR. Sometimes I need a couple more hours in the day. lol

So are you reading anything these days? Should you ever see this book I am reading, get it, it's definitely worth reading it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! let me know when they make a movie! I gave up reading long time ago! Diabetes plays havac on the eyes my friend! Whats up? Happy morning to you! - Amy

Jose said...

Amy - It is already a movie. Big cast too, no huge names but lots of well known actors.

Erin said...

I know what you mean about going somewhere else and having that kind of peace - for me its like staying in a hotel. In a hotel I can fall asleep at like 10pm seriously, but at home I'm up till 3 or 4 am every night. There is just too much "stuff" here, and it keeps me wide awake! Maybe I shoudl go to your moms too to catch up on my sleep ;)

Michelle said...

I just cannot get myself to read. I try but I can't. I used to love it so much... but now it's so hard to do it.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants