Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A

AMANDA GOT THE BOOT.

As much as I like American Idol and enjoy watching it every week I have been saying for the past four years that the votes are rigged. I have been saying that Kristy Lee Cook needed to be eliminated but she would probably stick around to make top 10 and thus be a part of the tour. I was not wrong, in my little nucleus of AI watchers we all agreed that she was the one to be eliminated, but as if by magic or should I say vote rigging' she is still in the running. I always said that her pretty face will probably attract more males to the tour shows than Amanda could have, so after being bottom two for the second week in a row she miraculously is saved.

Carly being bottom three to me was not a surprise at all, she is a great singer but most people know she already had a big recording that flopped and are holding that against her, me I trip at the way she always looks so worried and acts like "Oh thank you, thank you for keeping me another week".

Amanda as bottom three was surprising but her being eliminated was something I was not expecting at all. She was not my favorite, not by a long shot but I thought she would at least make it to number 7.

4 comments:

Chely said...

I also feel that the show's votes are rigged.

They have to leave Kristy to cover the "Country" side to keep diversity.

Of course they were going to eliminate Amanda...her style is (as Simon puts it) "predictable" all her songs sound the same. She screams all of her songs a-la-Janis-Joplin-style. There were no other "colors" to her other than the two she uses on her hair. LOL

Besides, there is already a "Rocker" to cover that genre and it's represented by a guy.

I saw this coming after Asiah was not chosen to be in the Top 12.

By the way Mr. Joe Cool...Do you even phone in or text your vote or do you just sit in the sidelines?

Just curious;D

Jose said...

You know I don't like rock that much and I love country, yet I thought Amanda was a better performer than Kristy is. If she sounded even remotely to Janis Joplin then she has it made. Janis Joplin is the Queen of Rock and still holds many records.

But that is also part of what makes this show the great show it is. But there's no way it's rigged. There's too much at stake.

Oh and just so you know, I only vote on the very last show. It's a rule of mine.

Wanda said...

I love your comentaries on Amerian Idol!! this is great Jose. I think like you do, so I must be OK!

Michelle said...

I didn't like her so I am glad she left. I would have been happy either way... her or Kristy.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants