Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Top 11

TOP 11

I was looking forward to American Idol until I heard they will be doing The Beatles again. I had enough Beatles last week. Why would they repeat when there are so many choices and genres out there waiting to be sung.

Depending on what Chekezie sings tonight, if he is able to repeat last week since it's The Beatles he will be safe one more week. So that leaves the following as the bottom three.

Ramiele Malubay - Sings really good and has great personality but is sliding a bit.
Cristy Lee Cook - Not the best singer but pretty enough to stay one more week and make top 10 and therefore tour all over the country.
Syesha Mercado - Pretty and talented but lacks the fan base the rest have.

I know a lot of people don't like Amanda Overmyer but she is the female rock element they need for the tour, judges won't say nothing bad about her just yet. She will go on.

So far I've only missed a couple. Asiah being eliminated was the biggest surprise I got so far. I'll be back tomorrow, same post to finish it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


OK, I am back, the show went on and as I predicted unless you are a die hard Beatles fan even Simon agreed with me that they shouldn't have done a second Beatles night. They made such a fuzz about the music of The Beatles, music that by the way the contestants were probably not too familiar with and then almost at the end of the show after Chekezie's performance Simon made a comment on how most of the contestants chose "mediocre" music. So, I wish Simon makes up his mind, is The Beatles music great or is it mediocre? Ummmmmmm!

My friend Mushy already left a comment stating that he only felt there were three good performances last night or at least three that made an impression. I agree for I only liked three performances too.


Syesha Mercado was my favorite performer of the nigh, she picked the best song too.



I had predicted Syesha Mercado to be a bottom three based on her popularity and yet she delivered the song I liked the best last night. I truly hope she makes top 10 and therefore goes on tour. I had also predicted that Ramiele Malubay had been sliding and may even be bottom three but she is consistently good and still my favorite female so she too deserves to keep going. That, once again leaves Kristy Lee Cook as the one candidate that needs to go.

Michael Johns and Jason Castro are the other two I really didn't like last night based on their performance. David Archuleta totally redeemed himself and once again is at the top of my list and top contender David Cook pretty strong again.

So tonight we shold say good bye to Cristy Lee Cook, she was outsung by all the other contestants and it should be the end of the road for her.

8 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Tuesday was a horrible night...only 3 songs made any impression on me...we may see some surprises this week.

Wanda said...

Good summary Jose ~~ I agree tonight was not the best night.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you and I should team up as a duo on A.I. and call ourselves.., Yeti & The Caveman. We could wow the world singing songs like, "He Aint Hairy, He's My Brother" -or- "Rhinestone Caveman" (the country version) - LOL

For some reason the comments will only let me post as Anonymous.
~ Daveman

TLR said...

Dang, great minds do think alike

Jose said...

mushy - I agree with you, but to me the only surprise will be if Kristy Lee Cook remains in the competition.

wanda - I would have enjoyed it better if wasn't The Beatles.

daveman - We would rock the world, the stage for American Idol would not be big enough for us. We would fill entire stadiums with screaming fans. And our country version of "Rhinestone Caveman" with your voice and my accent, guaranteed hit. LOL Hey dreams are free right?

Tlr - Ditto!

Chely said...

I agree - They shouldn't have done a "Beatles Back-to-Back". They should of at least waited until top 5 or towards the end.

I was a bit bored with the performances. [Read my new Blog]

Besitos,

MrManuel said...

I don't have anything to add as you know how I feel about the show, but just dropping bye to say hello!

Jose said...

mrmanuel - Always nice to know you visit, specially if it's just to say hi.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants