Sunday, March 23, 2008

E

EASTER SUNDAY


Easter Sunday was spent at home, "mi chica" cooked some "pozole" and everyone in the family came for this tasty treat. All my kids were here, including the ones that moved to Tucson (See previous post)and my sister in law, her husband and kids were here too. Last but not least, my daughter in law's parents came to spend the day with us too. It was a thrill to have all my grandkids here running around and making noise.


We went to the little community park where some 75 plastic eggs had been hidden in the bushes and in the grass and the playground. We got there and we turned the kids lose to go and hunt for the eggs.


I don't think there was any crying this year, for the most part the kids were happy to find some eggs not caring who had the most. The were just having too much fun running up and down looking for them. After we thought they had found all they eggs we had a small photo session and group pictures were taken.




As you can see, we were all having a great time.


As I have mentioned before, our family is so huge now that there is no way we can all get together at the same time. But sometimes we try. There is never a shortage of get-togethers. I believe next week a baby shower for my niece is the next event. That for sure will be another exciting story.



Being the kid at heart that I am, I decided to go down the slide. All I can tell you is that we are shortchanging our kids, I went down the slide about three times and came to the conclusion that from the time I started sliding to the time I reached the bottom, it must have taken a whopping 1/8 of a second. How can we call that exciting?

5 comments:

Chely said...

Ay Naco, you're funny=D

I'm glad you all got together and had a great time. I'm happy to say, that my girls, ny niece, my friends and all their kids had a great time looking for eggs in my back yard too.

Happy Easter Everytone!

Besitos,

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

What a great time YOU had hunting Easter eggs!

Michelle said...

Haha! I love that picture of you coming down the slide... a took a whole 2 second video of it. LOL.

But we did have a good time!

TLR said...

It sounds like you had a good Easter, we had a good one also. I always enjoy your family pics.

Jose said...

chely - As usual we did have a lot of fun, and yes there was a lot of food. This time it was pozole cooked by mi chica.

mushy - Almost as much as the kids did, I even went down the slide a couple of times.

michelle - It was fun going down the slide, now I know why they have padding at the bottom. lol

tlr - So glad you had a great time too. Where your grandkids with you? Thanks for visiting more often, although I know you have been a regular for almost two years now. Wow!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants