Tuesday, March 25, 2008

T

TOP TEN

Here we go again, tonight the idol hopefuls will be singing songs from the year they were born, after last week's surprise elimination I know that anything can happen. It will be interesting to hear what songs they choose as most of them are from the 80's. Once I thought Chikezie and Syesha would be eliminated based on the fact that they are not as popular as the rest but amazingly both of them came in with strong performances and now both of them are in the top 10.

So for tonight here are my pre-show predictions for my bottom three. Carly Smithson, Michael Johns, and Kristy Lee Cook. But as for who will leave the show is anybodies guess. I will probably be based on tonight's performance. So as usual on my idol posts I'll do it in parts. To quote "The Terminator" I'll say "Hasta la vista baby!" & "I'll be back!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Well, I am back. What a roller coaster, not what I expected at all in terms of music, weird song choices. The judges did what they could to try and manipulate shifting the votes towards certain contestants but we know what we saw and heard and probably will vote accordingly.

It's funny how things work. Kristy Lee Cook a clear underdog and favorite to be the next one to get the boot came back with a strong performance and I agree with Simon that she will go on to next week. I really liked it!

Brook White messed up the beginning of her performance. If the band would have been playing from the beginning she would not have been able to stop and start again. She is sort of a "sweetheart" and I think America likes her, but will she be forgiven for her mistake like David Archuleta was? Tough call. Talking about David Archuleta, he is heading towards the same fate that Melida Doolittle had. He is really good but if he doesn't show that he can sell millions of records he won't win.

It's obvious that the clear favorite so far is David Cook, if he keeps it up and doesn't mess up I think he is the strongest contestant to date based on his past performances to take the whole enchilada. I didn't hear the name of the song he was to sing and it took me a while to realize he was singing Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean".

Chikezie keeps being crushed by the judges and the sad part is that he is not that bad, there are many of us that actually think he is good, see I grew up listening to Soul Music and he is pretty smooth, I hope he advances too.

So, based on last nights performances I think Jason Castro was outsung by most and should be bottom three, Brook White's little bubble at the beginning of the song should send her to bottom three, and a toss up between Carly Smithson and Ramiele Malubay just based on popularity will be bottom three.

For the first time I have no clue as to who is leaving tonight. Obviously who I think should be bottom three and who will actually be leaving are two different stories. Chikezie is still struggling to gain a fan base so I wouldn't be surprised if it is him leaving tonight. We'll see.

7 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

My God Jose...David Cook blew me away this week! He is the most original and that Billy Jean rendition could be a single today and I'd buy it!

Awesome...I predict he will take the show!

Michelle said...

Hurry and post your opinions! No post yet?! It's 3:30am and I couldn't sleep so I decided to watch it... and WOW! David Cook was beyond awesome! Oh man I liked him since the beginning and now I think he's definately my favorite. He's so original! WOW is all I can say... Billy Jean was awesome!

I'm soooo going to download it!

Michelle said...

Oh and my predictions for bottom 3:

Ramiele, Chekezie, and either Jason or Carly.

I really want Jason to stay... but that's based on last night performances solely.

Chely said...

Last night it was American Idol vs Dancing With The Stars for me again. I flipped channels back & fourth & this is what I got out of it...

I DON'T CARE FOR Kristy Lee Cook!!!
We already have a "Country AI" I changed the channel 1/3 into the song. - She should have been gone a long time ago!

Chekezie was pretty good to my ears. I didn't know of his nationality so for him to sing a "Soul" song the way he did, was good to me. - Should Stay.

Brook White was good. Yes, she messed up but "the show must go on" and she did. I liked her version of the song. - Should Stay.

I love Ramiele's voice but she needs to personalize her songs in order to continue. - Should Stay

I loved Jason's choice of song. However, he's too shy up on the stage. I think he could go now.

Carly can sing anythig. - She should stay.

David Archuleta - needs to interpret the songs with a little more feeling. - But pleeeeese stay!

The guy that sang "We are the Champions" can go. His performance was OK but I don't even remember his name!

Syesha - Was good. - Should stay.

Now...

David Cook - Not one that I tend to follow but last night he BLEW ME AWAY!!!!

I too didn't recognize the song for the first 10 seconds but the moment I realized it was Billy Jean my attention was TOTALY on him.

The version and his interpretation was AMAZING. I would totally download this version right now.
Can anyone send me a link?

Anonymous said...

You know I agree on what you said about the Judges doing the best they can to give their favorites credit and on curve the audience votes other ways...
Including Brooke White - they completley overloked it....

But I gave you my favorites already... Love Ya!
Vane

Anonymous said...

My Favorite:

Guys:
in no particular order...
Michael John
David Cook (that's the rocker guy, right?)
David Archuleta.... still
Jason Castro ( I like his dumb face) hehehe



Girls:

also in no particular order....
Carly Smithson
Brooke White
Syesha Mercado


In my opinion Chekese is getting good, but he is not American Idol type....
Kristy Lee Cook, is no big deal to me... she could've left 3 weeks ago!
Ramielle is good, but she hasn't been that great these past weeks, so in my opinion... bye bye

Love Vane

[Posted by Tia Chely]

Anonymous said...

thanks Tia! :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants