Monday, April 14, 2008

Bashas 200

And so, at around 12:30 my son and I hit the road and drove to PIR. I live very close to PIR and so I knew how to get there without getting caught up in the heavy traffic. We were there in about 15 minutes.

Friday was the "Basha's 200" race and we were there thanks to UPS. We got to the suite at around 1:30 p.m. but no one was there yet so we decided to go down and start visiting some of the displays. We visited just about every big display there was. The best for us was the DLP display. The had a video shootout where you could see how technology has advance when it comes to high definition TVs. From the plasmas to the LCD projectors, they had them all.


A view of the track from our suite.


You can really build yourself a theater for almost nothing nowadays. The last big projector they had was showing previews of the upcoming movie "Voyage to the center of the earth" with Branden Fraser. This will be a 3-D movie and it's going to be pretty awesome.

We finally went up to the suite again and by now there were a couple of people there. The hosts got there and immediately introduced themselves and started giving us some goodies. Our goodie bag included an awesome UPS racing jersey with the number 44 in the back and "Jarret's" name. Jarret retired this year so now UPS has a new driver, I was just glad the shirt was still a Jerret jersey.




Here's Juan broadcasting the racing news for FOX Channel 10, at least he thinks so. lol
Oops, they spelled the last name wrong, well that was close enough.


We also received a hot wheels car from PIR and a replica of the UPS racing delivery truck, a disposable camera and a six pack cooler. Friday for the first time I got passes to go all the way up to the terrace. It was one of the best views to watch the race.


If you make them think you are a famous NASCAR driver, the groopies come by themselves.


It's cool to watch the race from the suites because you don't have to worry about the heat, the sun, the noise, plus it's fully catered and there are plenty of beverages. UPS did not offer alcohol, only Pepsi and Sprite, but that was fine for my son and I.


"Now that's the ticket" is what Juan said, now grilling and watching sports on ESPN, my kind of barbe-queing.


It was a great day at the races, we ate, we had fun, we enjoyed the race, but best of all, my son and I had a day with each other, it had been a while since we've had a boys day out.

5 comments:

Chely said...

That sounds like quite an OUTING!

I had not heard any news from Juan in a while. It brought a smile to my face to hear of your "Boys Day Out". I'm sure you had a blast with him around. I'm sure Juan enjoyed his day with dad as well.

Cool pictures! I loved the one with you in the car with the groopie. Too bad you didn't take video of Juan broadcasting. I would have loved to see this.

If it's anything close to the entertainment he provided at our cruise, ya me imagino el cotorreo=D

Besitos to both,

Jose said...

chely - Actually they took the video and will be posted in the internet. I'll grab it as soon as Juan gives me the code. It wasn't like funny, he just had to read whatever the prompter had written on it. It was fun though.

MrManuel said...

Wow, that looks like it was a good time! Awesome!

Michelle said...

Juan looks like a little kid in the pictures having fun! Haha. A BIG little kid.
But I feel left out. I need some father daughter bonding time. Let's go shopping! ;)
Oh and I like the picture of you and your groupie too. LOL

Elena said...

Se ve que la pasaron padre, a ver cuando toca un beautiful sister, (me) day out. Tu invitas.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants