Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good Bye Jason

With such a huge Rock ''n' Roll library I was really disappointed at some of the song choices last night. As I had predicted Jason Castro was a total disaster, I will be really disappointed and not to mention upset if he advances. "I shot the Sheriff and Mr. Tambourine Man" totally wrong for a competition of AI's caliber.

David Cook was good but unfortunately what I thought for sure would be his night got stolen by little David. David Archuleta has been catching a lot of criticism because he is good and he is young. Comments like "He's sings good but he is forgettable" or "He sings good but everything he sings sounds the same" or "He is too young, he won't sound the same as his voice matures" Now what kindda crap is that? He has been consistently good and deserves to win, but I am all for a no holds barred showdown between him and David Cook.

It seem that my wish of Syesha getting the number three spot will be a reality, unless there's a huge vote discrepancy. There is just no way Jason will advance. I knew that no matter what Syesha did she would be dizzed. Last night was no exception, she tried to stay strong and take criticism in good stride but it just proved to be too much.

What would you do if week after week, you are crushed by the judges although saved by the voters? After Randy's crappy comments and Paula's standing ovation followed by Simon's assurance that her performance was good as he sided with Paula, she could no longer hold it all in and her emotions got the best of her. Her crying in my opinion was 100% justified. She deserves better. I don't think she has what it takes to overtake any of the two Davids but a third place is a great place to be. And for the record in my opinion her take on "Change is Gonna Come" was actually pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Castro should go but based on the history of Idol, Cooke could actually go. Vote for the worse has Castro being the one to vote for. Perhaps its because the contestants were so young, I was also disappointed in the song selection. I would love to do a movie theme week

Jose said...

amy - I've been rallying for Syesha to be "numero tres" she deserves it. I hope vote for the worse doesn't have that many members that Castro may advance to next week. Last night he was a total disaster. Remember when Simon apologysed to Katharine McPhee after an unfair bad review. I think Randy should do the same, Syesha's second song was wonderful. I really thought Rock 'n' Roll week was going to be easy and fun. I hope next week they do a song from the year they were born and one from the current charts.

Wanda said...

Jose I love your comments, and think you are so on target ~~ you have a heart and ear for this kind of talent.

I think you should put in an application to be a judge!!

LOL:)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants