Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Grand Finale.

As I expected, last night was a battle of the voices. A showdown that I thought would surpass Ruben vs. Clay but somehow in my humble opinion came up short. The boxing theme with music from "Rocky" fame, Michael Buffer introduction, and Jim Lampley commentaries was innovative. I know some of us liked it while many of you thought of it as "What in the world where they thinking?". Well, I had been predicting a David vs. David showdown and the theme was pretty much appropriate.

What I didn't expect was to hear the "judges" comments to be so one sided. Did David Cook pissed them off before the show? Did they get upset because he wouldn't reprise a song but chose one he had never sang before? How can a song sung by Bono and U2 be a lesser known song. Unless you live under a rock or a deserted island I think it's safe to say we all knew that song. Besides he didn't pick the song, that was Clive's choice for him to sing.

Collective Soul's "The World I know" may be a lesser know song but very popular during the 90's and was perfect for his voice. He would have been stupid to try and change this or U2's song to make them their own. I thought he did just fine and deserved better. It felt like a dejavu of Syesha singing good and being dizzed by the judges.

David A. as expected did good but to me even though I picked him from the beginning to take the whole thing didn't convince me that he can be a powerhouse celebrity and will sell millions of records. His choices were safe and very popular, specially among people my age but if you must know in the end my fingers must have logged over 300 votes for contestant #1.

I asked a lot of different people at work who they think will win tonight and they all agree David Cook will. I predicted a very tight race, I just hope Ryan doesn't mess up like he did when he announced season's 2 winner. I know how I voted, I am really curious to see how the rest of America voted. In the end it's inevitable, David will win.

1 comment:

Chely said...

I enjoyed both performances but I am one of many people that would of LOVED to have heard, "Billie Jean" or "The First Time" again instead of the last one.

However, with that said, I think his interpretation of the last song was very, very nice.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants