Friday, May 16, 2008

Quiceanera

Tonight we leave for the Los Angeles area, West Covina to be more exact. My sister's younger daughter will have her "Quinceanera" celebration this weekend. As always most of the family will make the 5 to 6 hour trip depending on who's driving if you know what I mean.

A "Quinceanera" to us is a very important celebration, only second to a wedding. Lot's of money is thrown into this event (no, nothing like the distorted idea of a party shown in the MTV shows). From the very expensive dresses to the hairdos and limos, we try to make this the most memorable event in a girl's life within reasonable possibilities although sometimes we over do it a bit and get ourselves in debt.

Mi chica and I will be taking my daughter, her husband, and their three kids. The youngest one is only about a month and a half old so it just may be an "interesting" trip. We will be back in Phoenix on Sunday so it's going to be a "flash" trip.

We should have a wonderful time, with all the food and dance our parties are always very enjoyable and fun. Hopefully I'll be able to share some pictures next week.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to one of those over 15 years ago. That was the first time I ever wore a pretty formal dress..

Have a great time

Jose said...

amy - Wow, 15 years ago!!! We go to one at least once a year. lol

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until you get here Tio!!!

Chely said...

Just taking a quick break to read your post. I didn't go to work today to prepare for tomorrow's big Fiesta!

I am looking forward to receiving all of you tonight:)

I am happy to say that everything seems to be ready...and paid for=D

Thalia is very excited for tomorrow's celebration and hope that it is memorable to all.

Drive safely and we'll see you all here.

Besitos,

Jose said...

crystal - Hola "mi princesa" we'll be there tomorrow ready to have fun.

chely - Glad to know every thing's a go. We'll see ya tomorrow at the church. We too are so ready to party.

MrManuel said...

Believe it or not, I have never been to one. Go figure...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! Can't wait to see the pics!

EnchantedPixie7 said...

How was it? We all wanted to go, but sadly we could not. Hope you all had a great time!

Quinceanera Invites said...

We celebrated my daughter's Quinceanera last week, and it was fun!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants