Monday, August 11, 2008

Friendship

Once, a friend of mine told me, "Just because we used machines doesn't mean we are fake friends". How true that statement was, over the two years that I have been blogging I have found some really great friends and even though I have not met not even one of you in person it doesn't make us any less real. The same applies for my other two favorite sites Bix and SingSnap.
Some of you may be wondering how come I haven't posted any songs from either Bix or SingSnap and I am also sure that some of you may be saying, "Oh no, please don't bring those back!"

The truth is that both our computers at home died, yes they did. (R.I.P.) And it will be a while until we can get a new one.

Anyway, I entered one of the many singing contests over at Bix and somehow placed somewhere in the top 10. My friend Torch the creator of that contest awarded us with one of the coolest gifts that we could get and I received it in the mail this weekend. So now I can hang this on the door knob of the "studio" as I am recording. He, he, he, nifty little gadget isn't it. Thank you so much Torch for the gift, know that I will treasure it as it's better than a gift from the store.


Look for Torch on Bix.com!


This is Torch singing "Embraceable You"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Another such friend is ChrisJ. For the second time, Chris has taken one of my images from my Arizona But It's a Dry Heat! blog and turned it into a painting. Chris specializes in prisma colors and pen.

Please go and visit her wonderful blog and read the post entitled "Jose's Mexican Friend". You may also want to check out the other image she did of mine from her "doorways" series.

You just cannot deny she is so talented. Again, thank you ChrisJ for choosing my images to turn them into those fantastic miniature paintings.

To read Chris' blog daily bookmark the following link:
http://flamblogger.blogspot.com/


This is ChrisJ's rendition of one of my images taken on my recent trip to Mexico. She very appropriately named it, "Jose's Mexican Friend". I love the title.

To see the original image, just CLICK HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Jose. Are you also Joe Karaoke?? If so, I'll have to put you up in my blogggggroll under Catscratch Karaoke Hos.

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is quite talented!!! That picture is amazingly similar! I'm always so impressed with artistry since I can't even draw a stick figure, lol.

Congrats on the top 10 as well ;)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants