Friday, August 08, 2008

Weekend Again.

The weekends come faster that I want them to. It's like where does time go? Seems that it just swoosh past over my head over and over again. Granted it's pretty cool to have the weekend again but really when time passes so fast that I don't feel like anything worth while was accomplished I start thinking that maybe, just maybe I am getting old too fast. Not a good feeling.

Well at least this weekend we have a fiesta to attend to. My sisters birthday won't be until the 18th but she will celebrate it with a party this Saturday as my mom's birthday is actually the following week on Saturday the 16th. And also on that same Saturday my niece is throwing a children's party as her daughter turns two years old. I'm telling you, our fiestas never end. It's almost like at the beginning of the year we just take a number and start filling the annual party agenda.

Work is very slow, it is hard to keep my staff busy and to me that is more stressful than when we are busy. The news show that more and more people are being laid off and even though the company I work for does not lay off it's staff the thought is always there that if things don't pick up that could always be a possibility.

So, my favorite show after American Idol came to an end last night. "So You Think You Can Dance" has got to be the best dancing show period. Last night Josh was crowned America's favorite dancer. Week after week they eliminate one guy and one girl so last night as they had the top four and the eliminations started I was very surprised to see the girl that many of us thought would win the whole thing place third while the top to spots were given to two guys. Things that make me go hummmm!
Definitely the best season of the four but I personally was not happy that Twitch made it all the way to number two based on popularity. But then again that's what people base their votes on.

As of right now I have no shows to watch other than the Mexican soaps with mi chica. I am patiently waiting for the season premiere of Prison Brake which I believe starts pretty soon. Can't wait to see what the come up with.

Oh, I almost forgot. The Olympics start today and I will be watching some of my favorite events such as gymnastics, diving, swimming, maybe soccer and a few other favorites of mine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, as much as I dig me some karaoke, you'd think I'd LOVE American Idol.

Sanjaya ruined it for me. When they voted him off it was all over. Eh.

Anyway, weekends are of no consequence around here either. Nothing special. Kids are always gone (17 year old road runners) and my fella makes me feel like I'm 93 years old.

Anyway, it'll be Monday again soon, Thank.God.

Tell Sis happy birthday for me and definitely suck down a cold one!

MrManuel said...

I am a HUGE Olympics fan so I will watch all I can.

What do you mean "at least I have a fiesta this weekend.." It seems like you get to have one every weekend!

Wanda said...

Hi Jose ~~ Did you watch the opening of the Olympics last night?

Pretty spectacular!! We enjoy the Olympics, and I just got hooked on Prison Break at the end of last season...will watch it this year.

I also love Burn Notice...!!

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

The opening ceremony was insane!

Anonymous said...

My feeling on the guys winning is because more women then men watch the show... and if he is good looking chances are the women are going to vote for him. I didn't watch it but I heard it was really good this year.

Yay about the Olympics! It's like the best 2 weeks of every 2 years, lol.

Betty F said...

Hi Jose,
I found your blog from Chris at Flamblogger. I'm in Buckeye AZ I enjoy your blog and will visit again.

Betty F said...

Hi Jose! Thanks for stopping by. My main blog is Meditations on the next phase... Then I have three for grand children and One for my photography. I have 6 grand kids.. One of them just turned 6 and just started the 1st grade. I take it your grand son is in Kindergarten??

Tara said...

Time swooshes over my head too!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants