Monday, August 04, 2008

It's His First Day of Shcool


He had been excited for two weeks now. The new clothes were ready, the new tennis shoes, and all the goodies on the list were purchased. In the morning he was fine and happy... Until he got to school and saw not one, not two, not three, nor four but a plethora of kids crying their little eyes out while their moms would tell them "Ill be right back". My daughter said she saw a little apprehension as if he was saying what have I gotten myself into. But no, he said good-bye to mommy and daddy and grandma, he kissed and hugged his little sisters and was ready to explore the academic world of kindergarten.

I am sure the teacher will conquer him. The swings and slides and the playground in general probably had him at "hello". But I know what he'll like the most is the new friends he is going to make during this his first week. Not because he is my grandson, but if you every watched the movie "Short Circuit" Johnny five was always searching for "input", well that is Diego in a knot shell.

Actually, he has been ready for "input" since last year, but due to a brain washed short stay in Tucson by the parental unit, that was flushed down the drain. Well, to say I am a proud grandpa is an understatement and today is one of those days that make me reflect that everything I've have done so far has a meaning and reason.

I know my grandson is going to breeze through kindergarten, and have no doubt in my mind that he is going to enjoy it.

4 comments:

Chely said...

Hooray for Diego!!!

Hay Fide, este muchachito tiene toda tu cara cuando estavas chquito, nadamas que en "morenito" =D

You'll see, before you know it, Kindergarten Graduation will be here.

Wanda said...

What a doll Diego is! He is going to be a big hit at Kindergarten!!

Tara said...

What a great picture. Here's to Diego and a wonderful year in Kindergarten :)

Anonymous said...

So handsome! I hope he had a wonderful first day!!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants