Friday, August 01, 2008

Some People

Mi chica still calls me baby and she holds my hand when we walk together regardless of where we are. If I kiss her and hug her in front of my younger daughter she'll say "Get a room" and then laughs. This past Wednesday I was at my mom's and mi chica got there as Wednesday is her day to stay with my mom. To say "hi" I hugged her, and kissed her, and repeated the process a few times. I won't tell you what my mom said because she said it in Spanish but we just had to laugh.

A month ago at the Hitachi party we attended mi chica was asked by one of our Texas reps (a female) "Are you sure you guys are married?" or "Are you sure you are his wife? Again, when she told me she was asked that question we just laughed. We tend to think it's too funny. But we know that for many it's not that easy.

If I would have known then that giving her a bouquet of flowers held so much power, I would have been doing it a long time ago. The beauty is that it's never too late to learn.

And so as we continue reinventing our relationship in order to keep it fresh. I just can't help but think that Some People Aren't Lucky Like Us.

Chica mia, have I told you lately that I love you?



Isn't it a gamble
Layin' your heart out on the floor
Nothin' short of a miracle
When you find the one you're looking for
It's another kind of trouble trying to hang on to who you are
When all you wanna do is lose yourself in someone else's arms
Isn't it a wonder (that) we got this far

Some people aren't lucky like us
Some people they just give up
When the hard times fall
The thrill of it all is gone
Leaves you in a cloud of dust
It's sad to think that some won't find it
And others won't recognize it even when it comes
We're all at the mercy of the will of love
Some people yeah
Some people aren't lucky like us

Two lonely souls that just stumbled into fate
Look how much we've been given babe
In spite of all of our mistakes
And I will never forget I've been blessed with the gift of lovin' you
And when the going aint easy babe
A little faith will pull us through
Thank God we have eachother we can hang onto

[repeat chorus]

[Bridge]
To have someone you can laugh with
Someone you can cry with
Tell all your secrets to
To have someone who won't judge you
Someone who just loves you
No matter what, they stand beside you

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mi baby,

Muchas gracias por tu cancion it's
really true. And yes you have and continue to not only make me feel the love you have for me but, also you verbalize it. Thank you!! You're right it really does not take too much effort to keep a relationship alive and well, what it takes is both parties seeking the same goal and always striving for love, communication and harmony.
I love you very much too!! your, Chica

Chely said...

I won't comment on this as
"the most important comment" has already been given by the person who counts the most:)

Besitos,

Wanda said...

I agree, no words can compare with your Chica ~~~


Beautiful, beautiful your wonderful relationship!!!


Love and Hugs to a fabulous couple!!
Wanda

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww. That's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to see 2 people so obviously in love - you are so incredibly lucky to have that kind of marriage that has lasted as well that it has. I hope to one day have the same thing you both share :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants