Friday, August 22, 2008

Para Siempre a la Diego


The following is an excerpt from a conversation with my 5-year old grandson:

Diego: Grandpa I want to tell you something
Me: Yeah, what is it?
Diego: Vale mas un buen amor, que mil costales de odo
Me: LOL - No not odo, it's oro
Diego: Odo
Me: Oro
Diego: Odo
Me: No, pay attention o-ro
Diego: O-do
Me: That is close enough. Now let's sing again.

Me: Vale mas
Diego: Vale mas
Me: Un buen amor
Diego: Un ben amor
Me: Que mil costales
Diego: Que mil cosales
Me: De oro
Diego: De odo

Out of my seven grand kids Diego is the only one that is bilingual. He asks us how to say certain things in Spanish and he actually learns them. When saying good bye to my mom he always says "Adios, abuelita" and "Te quiero mucho".

So. the my daughter's phone rings and what do you know, her ringer starts singing "I kissed a girl and I liked it". The phone goes into missed call and Diego starts singing. "I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chopstick." I start laughing and Michelle comes in, I tell her, are you hearing what your son is singing, and she says, yeah and it sounds better coming out of his mouth. I'm telling you, these kids pick everything so fast.


"Para Siempre", tema de la exitosa telenovela de Univision "Fuego en la Sangre".

Diego hears this song everyday while we watch the telenovela. I guess the tune finally got stock in his head.

Diego: Vale mas un buen amor, por eso es mi tesodo.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So funny! Now record him singing it! Ahahaha!

ChrisJ said...

Really nice song and presentation -- but I really didn't understand the words. I wish I had learned Spanish instead of French in school.

Betty F said...

It's great Diego is Bilingual. Three of my grand daughters are ALMOST.. Izabella understands perfectly but refuses to speak it. :( Little dickens!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants