Monday, August 18, 2008

The Weekend

We had a pretty nice weekend. We did attend my niece's birthday party at a nice park in Goodyear. We like this part because it has a fun water playground that the kids love to get soaked in. With our temperatures still over the 100 degree mark it's a nice place to be at, however most of us grown ups there don't get soaked which means that we are going to suffer for an hour or two until we leave and enter the air conditioned car and eventually the house.

So, here is the debate and I am hoping you people out there can clarify and or shade some light on the following issue.

When you are invited to a party, regardless of what kind of party (kids, birthday, baby shower, bridal shower, etc.)what is the protocol for leaving. Do you attend, say hi, turn in your present, and then leave and it's OK, and your duty as invitee is fulfilled?

Or do you attend and set yourself a minimum amount of time that you will be there, provided the party is boring, or you are just too tired because you worked earlier, and are not in the mood for parties.

Is there any party etiquette on this issue? Is it rude to leave to soon or too fast? Or, is your responsibility fulfilled because you attended even if for a short amount of time.

Just one of those things that make me go hummmmm!

So, our house is usually noisy during the weekends, our grand kids make sure of that, but yesterday they were out and the house was pretty quiet. Mi chica and I and Diego spent a lazy afternoon together and fell asleep. I would have been fine and dandy except we were having a cafesito in honor of my mom's birthday which was on Saturday. By the time we woke up and we got the text messages and voice mails it was too late for us to go. Now that was not good at all. We didn't mean to forget but quiet days in our household are few and far.

Diego decided to take his floaties off two weeks ago because he wanted to learn how to swim without them. I am happy to inform you that he is now a fish. It's amazing how fast he has picked up some skills. Kids, they never seize to amaze me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading about the fun you have with your family

Anonymous said...

Little swimmers are adorable, my neice finally master the deep end.

My protocol. I won't be the first to leave, but as soon as somebody else bails, I'm free to go.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I don't think there is any set protocol. You leave when you are ready and hope the guests are understanding people one way or another for your reason for leaving.

MrManuel said...

Oops, that is my comment above!

Anonymous said...

Yep, take it from a mom of a kid who gets invited to more parties then I would like to think about - there is absolutely a protocol.

1 hour. You must arrive, say hello, wait for exactly one hour and then say "I'm so sorry I can't stay for the cake and presents but we have to (fill in the blank)"

Anything less is conisidered in my group to be rude unless we state it ahead of time or fake total and complete illness :)

Wanda said...

Jose, I think all of your suggestions would work!!

Thanks for the cute emails.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants