Friday, September 19, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY


The sun came up
I saw the new day
I turned 49
And yet feel the same.



So here I am
Feeling bigger than life
I don't feel any older
though my aching body
tells me otherwise



Mi chica stayed with me
To help celebrate
She took me out to lunch
And yes, she even payed



Here we are together
Gosh, don't we look nice?
Say cheese for the camera
And give me a smile



We were both very hungry
So I screamed to the chef
Please don't burn my carnitas
Or I'll leave without paying



The chef just looked at me
And laughingly said
Do not worry about your carnitas
As I assure you they are safe



He presented the outcome
And must have seen by my smile
That I approved of his masterpiece
Of culinary art



Ichiban, Teppanyaki
Was the restaurant of choice
Here the Japanese dishes
Were cooked with great joy



Yes, mi chica was happy
As this smile will attest
Thank you so much my baby
Now everyone knows you are the best


To say I had a good time is an understatement, it is always nice to deviate from the daily routine to do something different, the fact that mi chica got the day off to spend it with me was a great gift indeed. So what if she went to get a manicure and pedicure, she made sure to let me now it was all done just for me, and you know what, I believe her.

I was overwhelmed by the amount of phone calls, emails, bix comments and blogger comments all wishing moi a happy birthday. I really appreciated all of you making me feel special.

Thank you everyone, you all are a great family to me.

12 comments:

Chely said...

Awwwww:)

Felicidades my brother. Espero que hayas leido mis buenos deceos en el BLOG de Elena:)

Ayer, no te llame (aunque ya tengo tu nuevo numero de celular) pero me acorde de ti, TODO EL DIA!!!

MrManuel said...

Happy Birthday senor!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Happy B-day again!

Unknown said...

Hope you had a wonderful day. Your chica is so beautiful!

Jose said...

chely - Yeah, now I have a new number. Call me sometime will ya? And thanks for thinking on me. Love ya.

mr manuel - Muchas gracias seƱor.

catscratch - Thanks again!

amy - I did, as my post can attest. I agree with you she is a cuttie isn't she?

Betty F said...

OH I MISSED IT.. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! I think I've seen that restaurant.. On Dysart? Litchfield? Happy Birthday! a couple of days late!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Happy Birthday my friend!

Don't you just love that food! We go to Wasabi here a lot and on my son's birthday, the big flame up scared my granddaughter! They had to take her away until he stopped showing off!

Anonymous said...

Tio! yo te llame..a tu old number..pues como que no contestates..so sorry! pero SI me acorde de ti!...me perdonas? :) Well hope you had a wonderful day with your "chica" LOVE YOU!...HAPPY BIRTHDAY...well late Birthday!..... Tu Princesita

Anonymous said...

Darn! I'm late! Happy belated birthday my blogger friend!

Unknown said...

Surprise!!

Guess who?

Happy Birthday, Jose! You and your "chica" look absolutely wonderful...love love love the pictures. Things are good for me in Jacksonville...trying to keep away from all the hurricanes and so far I'm doing a pretty good job.

Just wanted to say hi...

Best Always,
Carol

Chely said...

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH A NEW POST???

ARE YOU STILL ON B-DAY VACATION?
OR DID IT ACTUALLY TURN OUT TO BE A NATIONAL HOLIDAY & I DIDN'T GET THE MEMO?

Anonymous said...

I know!! Tio Where are you!!!! are you lost or going through recession? whats going on!? Come back! Lovee tu princesita

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants