Sunday, September 14, 2008

Peace Offering

My son and daughter posing for me. Say Go Cardinals mijo.

So, my son was supposed to pick me up at 4:00 p.m. as we were supposed to meet my rep and his boss of a trucking company I use. We were supposed to meet at Z Tejas in Tempe.

Four o'clock came and went, oh don't worry he is just running a little late. Five o'clock, ummmmm I wonder what is keeping him. Six o'clock, I think I've been stood up. The game was to start at 7:00 p.m. so I took out my car from the garage, being that the afternoon was great I took the top down, upped the radio volume and off I went. I know it's only a 40 minute drive from my house but I didn't know how hard or easy it would be to find parking.

I got there at around 6:45 p.m. and the place was packed. I spotted some garages but they were charging $25.00 dollars just to park, so I kept going and about six blocks away I found a big parking lot charging only $10.00, now I prefer free parking but at this time that was not going to happen. As I pulled in I started to hear the fireworks announcing that kick off was about to happen.

Fifteen minutes later I was apologising to my hosts for being late and even gave them the line of "Better late than never". They told me don't worry we drank your Margaritas at Z Tejas, and ate your Chiles Rellenos, a favorite plate of mine from their menu. The game was actually kind of boring, ASU could have won easier if they would have kept running the ball, but even though Las Vegas was down by 10 points, they were able to catch up and force the game into overtime. A few minutes later thousands of ASU fans were walking in disbelief, yeap we lost.

Now, after walking all the way to my car again in a sea of yellow shirts and sad faces I finally was able to point my Mustang in the right direction to head home. Except now I am very hungry so I get on I-10 and the deviated on I-17 to go to my favorite taco place to buy me a dozen tacos to take home. I finally made it home at almost midnight and it was then that mi chica told me that my son fell asleep and failed to wake up on time.

(Earlier events)

Her phone rings and it's my son,

My son: Mom
Mi chica: Oh, hi son. How are you guys doing? How's the game going?
My son: Mom, I don't know, I am not with my dad.
Mi chica: No? Where are you?
My son: Mom I fell asleep and I just woke up.
Mi chica: Ooooo, you are in trouble.
My son: What do I do now?
Mi chica: Well, you better go to the house and see if he is there.
My son: You think he'll be mad?
Mi chica: I don't know but better take him something (She actually gave him an idea of what to take to me).

They hang up and then mi chica calls him later.

Mi chica: Where are you?
My son: In Avondale
Mi chica: Where? I am here.
My son: On my way to your house, I went to Fry's to buy my dad something.
Mi chica: OK I'll wait for you here.

Now my son lives a good 20 miles away from us so I know he was making sure I would be happy. Not only did he drive those 20 miles but went to the store and actually bought what mi chica suggested along with something that I know for a fact that he thought about twice and probably was as hard for him as the first time he had to buy those monthly female products. lol (He actually wanted me to stand guard by the aile while he picked the right pack as instructed by his chica).

All I know is that how can I ever be mad to a guy that brings me such cool peace offerings.


To put things in perspective, my son drove 20 miles to my house and bought me roses, yes roses. Those two things were probably not that hard for him to do but here is the one that let's me know he loves me, he really loves me. He bought me an issue of 5.0 Mustang magazine. My son buying a Ford related magazine, now that is love because he is a total Chevy guy his hands were probably burning as he was touching such an awesome magazine that talks about such cool cars.

12 comments:

Chely said...

This is soooo cute:)


But it must run in the family because yesterday, I had an "All-Day-church Fiesta". Crystal (our photographer) was supposed to be there and also overslept:(

Her peace offering 5 hours later...
Kisses, kisses & more kisses

Jose said...

Chely - It does run in the family specifically our side of the family. lol

Anonymous said...

Awww, I think he made a good effort to cushion the blow.

There is only one place here in Tennessee, other than my house, where I get get honest-to-God chile rellenos.

That's what trips home are for. Good eats.

Jose said...

catscratch - Hey I didn't raise no dummy. lol

In my case the best chiles rellenos are the ones my mom makes, but Z Tejas although totally different are decent enough.

Elena said...

Que burro mi nino.
Pero clasico en los Melo.
Hermoso detalle, yo tambien lo perdono.

Anonymous said...

Juan is such a sweet heart... maybe that's why I love him so much!

Love Vane

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is a nice son! I mean seriously, what more could a guy want then a Ford Magazine??? LOL

Betty F said...

Well, I guess that means he's really sorry! Good son you have there.

Lucky Lady said...

My husband is a sales manager at a Ford dealership so Fords are the greatest want a good deal let me know

Jose said...

elena - No cabe duda que se havienta mi chavo.

vane - He is very lovable isn't he?

erin - What more could a guy want, ummm let me see. How about a new Ford Mustang?

betty - I was more sorrier because he missed the game, he loves sports. Oh, and he is a great son.

lucky lady - Ummm, hold that offer.

ChrisJ said...

Now that's a good kind of a son to have. They make mistakes, but they show they're sorry. Would that we all could get over our mistakes so easily.

Michelle said...

I just think it's so cute that my brother bought flowers for his Dad. He's adorable.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants