Friday, September 12, 2008

On My Tube

I continue to watch the Mexican telenovela "Fuego En La Sangre". Cheesy as Mexican telenovela go, this one has been one of the best so far. Three brothers looking for vengeance of their sister's death fall in love with three daughters of the man they think was responsible for her death. Except this man is killed before their sister is killed and the true responsible person for all these killings is always running free and manipulating everything. I told you it was cheesy but it has us glued every night to the TV set.

The story has the best images of small town living, from the town church to the sierras, to the mercado, it's all there. The story concentrates on the love that has kept these three brothers together through think and thin. It also has a catchy theme song sung by none other than El Senor Vicente Fernandez.



I found this show by change and continued watching it. The show is called "From G's to Gents". I think these guys are wannabe G's trying to catch their 15 minutes of fame. Who knows they may get another gig after this one and they'll say from G's to gig. Anyway, I found the show to be entertaining and it follows the same format as "Hell's Kitchen". Next Tuesday should be the finale and a G will be crowned a Gent.



Once in a while a show comes out that is totally wrong morally and otherwise that is just gripping and bounds you to your couch for one hour a week. "Sons of Anarchy" is such a show. Being a biker and hearing how much the biker image has changed due to all the reality shows involving motorcycles such as "American Chopper" or "Motorcycle Mania" this show will mimic those biker outlaw movies of the 60s and 70s when a motorcycle club like "Hell Angels" were feared. I guess when I hear the term "biker" I always connect with a group of people like the ones portrayed in this show.



Once again I'll be watching "Prison Break" on Monday nights. What is it about these group of guys that seemed to be destined to be together escaping from different prisons and doing it so well. The season premier episode was full of excitement and they made sure from the get go to get you hooked. Sara Tancredi whom we all believed to be death during the last season turned out to be alive and is an active character this season. Scofield, Lincoln, and the complete cast of misfit convicts is back again. This promises to be yet another entertaining season.



Some of the other shows I really enjoy watching because of their subject matter are: TLC's American Chopper, and Street Customs, as well as Speed Channel's Unique Whipps, American Thunder, Living the Low Life, and Super Bikes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Those are three hot chicks!

Betty F said...

You have varied tastes in TV. When my Izzy was born 3 years ago, I spent the week before (waiting) with Lyndsey, and her in-laws. They enjoy a Spanish Speaking Soap Opera in the evenings. I don't speak or understand spanish, but I was getting the story line from Rosa and got hooked on it.. I can still sit down when I'm there and watch it. Cheesy is good!

Anonymous said...

Honest to God I have actually heard myself mutter the words "I wish I knew Spanish just so I could watch those telenova's"

Seriously.

I need a life.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants