Monday, October 27, 2008

Idyllwild Pictorial

DAY TWO -- IDYLLWILD
OUR TRIP AS VIEWED BY MY CAMERA LENS



Before we left for Idyllwild we stopped at McDonalds to get some coffee. We had brewed some at the hotel but it sucked. I guess the economy is getting to everyone, I was looking for the Golden Arches, but I only found the Gold Arch.





The first image shows how the valley starts getting small as the road start to go up the mountain.
The second image shows the winding road, we followed that truck for a long time but finally he let us pass.
The third and fourth pictures were taken at about 5000 ft of altitude. The view is towards Hemet and Hemet Lake.



Yours truly trying to look ever so cool as my "name" implies, and sucking in the stomach while trying to say tequila.


This is one of the ever popular "my space" shots. Yep, stretch your hand, aim towards us and hope most of our faces come out. I think I did good on this one if I may say so myself.


Come on Joe help me roll this to see if it fits in the van. I think it will look great in our back yard".




The first of these three images is the theater. Followed by a gift shop, and the last one is a part of the restaurant where we had lunch.


Our brakes overheated so I had to pull off the road and into a view point that showed very well how the road winds down the mountain. After a half hour cool down period I decided to give it a go, I timed some cars and it would take us 20 minutes form where we were to get to the bottom. I put the van in low gear and pushed on. Thank God we made it without any more delays.

If you click on this image you will clearly see the road winding down the mountain.

7 comments:

Tara said...

"I guess the economy is getting to everyone, I was looking for the Golden Arches, but I only found the Gold Arch."

LMAO...good one Jose! Looks like a lot of fun. Very beautiful pictures :D

Michelle said...

You're such a dork Daddy. I love all the pictures. And I really really wanna visit this little place.

Anonymous said...

I've seen my fair share of flix in that lil theater. LOL.

When mom lived up there, I got really, really good at driving down that mountain towards the desert.

Chely said...

Great story, great pictures!

I thought you didn't like posting long stories. I knew you would learn something from me, eventually!=D LOL

Congratulations and HAPPY 27th ANNIVERSARY to both! May God bless you with continued happiness.

I'm looking forward to the 50th Anniversary Pachanga=D

Love always,

Chely

MrManuel said...

What a cute little theater.

I hate getting stuck behind trucks for a long time in the middle of nowhere.

Jose said...

tara - LOL Sometimes I amaze myself.

michelle - Did you mean to say "You are such a cool guy Daddy". I thought that's what you meant.

catscratch - Oh, trust me. It was a lot of fun until the brakes started smoking when I was coming down. I really is a fun drive.

chely - And I haven't even talk about Villagefest yet. Stay tunned for more.

mrmanuel - I was takinig in the sights so I didn't mind following it for a while. And yes, that was a pretty nice little theater.

Betty F said...

These are beautiful photos. I remember this area from "exploring" with Paul. Glad you had a good time.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants