Thursday, October 16, 2008

Show Me The Gold

So, I don't know if I am the only person in the world that watches TV but have any of you TV addicts out there in blogland seen a commercial about a "Gold Kit"? I would really want to know if someone out there would get a little paper bag and fill it with all or some, heck or even a piece of gold, then seal it put a stamp and mail it to some unknown group that claims and promises to send you lots of moula for your gold.

Well, I am kindda broke these days so when I saw that commercial for the first time, just imagine my enthusiasm. So like a chicken without a head I started running up and down my house looking for those forgotten pieces of gold jewelry that probably lays around the house forgotten and abandoned. "I AM RICH", "I HAVE HIT THE MOTHER LODE", mi chica probably has tons of unused gold all over the house, I will need not one, not two, nor three or four, but maybe a dozen of those little paper bags... Yeah right! That'll be the day when I have gold, and if I had any gold, I'll be darned if I would put it in a little paper sack and mail it hopes of turning it into cash.

But that's just me, the guy on TV said he just rummaged around the house and pick some of his gold, mailed it and now he has lots and lots of money.

The next commercial showed a guy that went to this place here in Phoenix and took all his scraps and he too got lots of money for it. I mean they claim they take all kinds of scrap material and that they will pay you lots and lots of money.

Man, I think I am in the wrong business, because I have so much crap that I think I should be a millionaire by now... What? What did you say? That they'll pay me money for my scrap not my crap, oops! My bad.

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh you are so funny.... we have a lot of crap too if you want to sell ours...



LOL:Wanda

Michelle said...

LOL yeah the Cash for Gold commercials. They're funny. I thought the same thing... I am gonna mail them my gold and they're actually gonna send me money back for it... Haha.

Anonymous said...

OMG - My son was literally JUST talking about that commercial before bed. He overhead a conversation with a friend of mine on the phone in which I was complaining about the lack of money since my trip. He came right in and told me I could sell all my gold and get money. Honest to god, I had to explain to him about pawning and how it is not legitimate and so forth. He told me "Mom, I SAW it, the lady had lots of money!" I could not convince him otherwise that it wasn't the best thing I could do to get cash, lol.

Tomorrow I'm turning off the tv!

Anonymous said...

It's supposedly insured... but I still wouldn't send crap gold. No way, no how.

I'm poor enough with out somebody snatching my crap.

Jose said...

all - I just have to laugh at your comments. It seems everyone agrees with me that it would be silly to send gold over the post office. Even if it was insured, if the carrier loses it you still have to produce proof of the amount of money claimed. Who buys gold jewerly and then keeps the receipts.

Crystal said...

April always makes fun of that commercial because the lady says "I turned in my ring from my first marriage...and I got a check the very next day!" April always says "first marriage!?!?!"

I say....how in the WORLD can you get money the VERY NEXT DAY if you just mailed it in? It takes a day or so just to get to your location!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants