Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Somethng To Think About

You are a nice guy or gal, you have a good job, you pay your bills, you have a pleasant personality, and you get along with your peers. Overall you are a likable person.

That can very well be you and me, and everyone in between because to someone you are that person. The world revolves around you and you are ready to conquer it, or at least you are trying. Life sometimes is hard and when something goes right it may be a cause for celebration.

Sometimes life can be disappointing and somewhat stressful. You try your best but for one reason or another things just don't seem to go your way. You need an escape to forget your frustrations or at least to hide them from your mind if only for a little while.

Sometimes the weekend is just cause for celebration. After working hard, or hardly working, whatever the case may be when Friday comes around it's time to party, it's time to celebrate, it's time to have fun and forget about the realities of the working week. The weekend is to be enjoyed with or without someone, but to be enjoyed. Isn't that the way most of us if not all of us feel?

Mi chica was bummed the other day. A co-worker of hers, a guy that is that likable guy that talks to everyone and gets along with all. A guy that loves the weekend, and perhaps wanted to vent and forget some of his frustrations had his life change very drastically in a matter of seconds.

His decision was to go out and have a drink or two, I don't really know and as he was going home apparently he run a red light causing a really bad accident that involved several cars and several people, including one 18 year old girl that unfortunately is no longer with us.

He himself was injured and taken to a hospital where once checked and bandaged was handcuffed and taken to prison.

The fabric of life is very strong but if you start a little tear in it it's very easy to tear it in two in one easy pull. I don't mean to sound preachy, that is not my intention but if someone remembers this story during the future and is planning on celebrating heavily during the weekend, then maybe that someone will remember that when all the fun has been had that fabric of life may already have that initial tear, and maybe just maybe in this world of choices, the right choice will be made before seating in front of the steering wheel of a vehicle.

Just a little something to think about.

6 comments:

ChrisJ said...

Hmmm. Certainly is something to think about. Sadness lies around a lot of corners these days.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. It is so true how things can change so very quickly for someone... and over a few drinks? It totally isn't worth it.

You may remember that I had a post in which I talked about drinking and driving and almost getting caught myself. At the time I was more worried about myself getting locked up for a night when what I should have been worried about is killing someone else.

I haven't done it since and I will never do it again. Thanks for the reminder as to why.

Michelle said...

Yeah that was sad. Example why Jr and I don't really drink. Me more. And if we do... we especially don't get into a car and try to drive home.

Elena said...

Aunque el sentido comun es el menos comun de los sentidos, tenemos que sacarlo de donde este para evitar tragedias como esta. Un minuto es mucho para que suceda una desgracia, pero es mas que suficiente para recapacitar y decidir no tomar y manejar.
Gracias por el mensaje.

Anonymous said...

hello My friend it has been far to long since I have visited your blog. I love the pics of the bikes and celebs. you and your lovely wife look as though you had the time of your life. also the kids and the fire engine got to love it. I have a question I hear Randy is even better now than he was years ago is it true. also I love the dedcation to your dad it will be 6 years this nov. 1st for my dad. and I understand they are always with us in mind and spirit. Kiss all those beautiful kids and tell your lovely wife hello. May God bless you and yours always Natalie

Betty F said...

Great Post Joe. I won't have one drink before driving; because of such stories. Thanks for sharing that; it's a great reminder. I'm sure he has relived the moment that he got in his car a thousand times since the accident and this time didn't.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants