Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New Chapter


Barack Obama's historic victory inspires global goodwill and celebration.

So, we did it. Cesar Chavez said it first, "Si se puede, si se puede". What an amazing display of support for the Democratic Candidate and now our President Elect Barack Obama. I have seen close friends lose their homes, and some lose their jobs, mi chica lost hers last December a couple of weeks before Christmas and now in her new job the memo is out that they'll be laying people off. This is happening everywhere, business is slow and companies continue to struggle. Stores that I always thought were strong like Circuit City and Mervyn's are filing bankruptcy and will be closing their doors, and at least three car dealerships in the Avondale Autoplex closed their doors, now empty lots that a couple of weeks ago had hundreds of cars in them.

An unhappy co-worker walked into the coffee room this morning complaining that we should get ready as there will be additional taxes taken from our paychecks. I just looked at him straight in the eye and told him, "For that I am totally ready, to be unemployed I'm not". As a warehouse manager I am doing everything in my power to keep my team as is, but the fear remains that they'll ask us to downsize.

Yes, I am ready to feel optimistic and to give Barack Obama my support. He does have a big task ahead of him and will need everyone's support. Together we will climb out of this bad situation and in the end we will prevail.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I concur!

We elected the right man! I am very happy.

Elena said...

Estoy de acuerdo contigo. No podemos esperar milagros pero si poner todo nuestro esfuerzo para que las cosas marchen mejor. Un nuevo comienzo al lado de alguien que si no nos garantiza que sera mejor, estoy segura que no sera peor.

Anonymous said...

Con nuestro nuevo presidente mi deseo es que no preguntemos que esta haciendo por nosotros sino Sr. Presidente en que le podemos ayudar?
Estoy segura que con las ideas fijas en todas las cosas positivas estas llegaran a nosotros.
Felicidades Sr. Presidente Barack Obama.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for saying that - I'm so surprised at all the negativity I have found since he was elected President... I mean the guy won by a landslide!

Anyhow, I'm completely ready for change - hopefully good change!

Tara said...

"For that I am totally ready, to be unemployed I'm not."

Bravo Jose! Too many people forget just how easily this happens. I was laid off from on job in January and now may be facing the same at my current job. In Michigan, so many people are unemployed that they have ran out of benefits to support them. How sad is that?

Chely said...

On Monday, October 27th - 27 people arrived at the Architectural Firm I work for, to find out that...they no longer have a job.

These were all professional people with degrees;Architects, Designers, IT Technicians & Administrators.

There, but for the grace of GOD, go I.


Now, my hope relies on God through the decisions, actions, steps, modifications, implementations & hard work of Barack Obama and the entire cabinet.

We will ALL have to pull together, just as we did on 911 to withstand the blow that has knocked many of us down.

So...

Mr. Obama:
WHAT DO YOU NEED ME TO DO???

Anonymous said...

I am in the minority of Obama supporters in our conservative state.

I feel as if the nation needs a new outlook and he will make change.

Regardless if one supported Obama or McCain, it's time for the nation to stand together and work for those changes.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants