Sunday, November 02, 2008

Mi Chica's 29 Birthday

MI CHICA TURNS 29... again!

This past Saturday we had a birthday party for mi chica. It's been our experience that it is totally hard to throw a complete surprise party so we opted for the semi-surprise party. After all how surprised can you act when you get home and your parking spot is taken and the closest place to park is half a block away from your house. Naw, it doesn't work, so as far as she knew the kids wanted to have a family get together and eat "carne asada".

The fiesta was kinda neat because I bought all the meat but everybody else cooperated and brought every imaginable dish that goes with the carne asada and even some that didn't, but in the end it was all good. No a one complained about anything because it was all very delicious. From the spaghetti salad that my daughter lovingly made and almost lost it when a kid sprinted in front of her car and she almost run him over (My poor baby came home crying), to the salads, "smashed" potatoes, "frijoles puercos", Mexican rice, some delicious wraps my niece prepared and the list just went on and on.

For once we did not let mi chica do anything, she sat outside talking to everyone and I believe she had a great time, I found out for the first time how hard it is to prepare for a party as there was cleaning, and running around to be done and to top it off, yep, I woke up late... But what else is new.

Anyway by nine everyone was leaving on very full stomachs I might add but as usual some of us die hards stayed up until well past 2:00 a.m. We just sat in the backyard telling one story after another, the weather was totally awesome and it was well worth staying up that late. After everyone left we still stayed up a little bit longer, I finally passed out at a little past three in the morning.

It's amazing how we always manage to have so much fun and all this without liquor. OK I am lying I did break out my bottle of Amaretto which we enjoyed with coffee.

I want to thank everybody for helping me, most of you read my blog so THANK YOU. But specially the in-house party planner, my daughter Michelle whom amazingly enough can do so much in terms of decorating with $10.00 worth of items purchased at a .99 cent store.

A pictorial to follow just as soon as the pictures are downloaded.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!!! Happy, happy Birthday!!!!!

I'm so glad everything turned out well.

Now I'm hungry.

ChrisJ said...

Happy Birthday to "Mi Chica". I guess you know now Joe, it's not preparing for the party but the clearing up afterwards! The food sounds fantastic.

Betty F said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your beautiful wife! Glad the day was so much fun! We experienced a "Fiesta" at my son-in-law's family home in Chula Vista, in May when they threw my Grand Daughter Makayla, her 7th birthday party. It was SO much fun. Our parties are fun, THIS was a real Fiesta. Congratulations on another Birthday "Mi Chica"!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!!! Chica

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday party for her! I'm sure she had a wonderful time - she is lucky to have such a loving family!!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants