Monday, November 10, 2008

Warm Up to the Season

Warming up for the holidays. Yes, my favorite time of the year is approaching fast. I can do without all the hoopla and merchandising, just play me some Christmas music and give me a TV set with Christmas movies, that alone will do the trick. Christmas is a time to be festive and thanks to all the stores that seem to want to bring Christmas even before Halloween and Thanksgiving are here many people get put off and before you know it we have a world full of "Mr. Grinch".

In my case, I just love the season, I love what it represents and I'll be darned if I am going to let anything or anyone spoil it. I go into full Christmas mode the day after Thankgiving. No, you probably won't find me at the malls shopping or in a corner Christmas caroling, but you will find out that during these time I am a happy go lucky kindda guy, the warm and fuzzy feeling that only comes during Christmas is pretty much with me.

I hope that this year as many of us are struggling and thinking weather we will have a job tomorrow really reflect and think about what the real meaning of Christmas is all about, then maybe, just maybe, we will celebrate for the right reason.

Lets keep the Christmas spirit alive.

5 comments:

Tara said...

While I tend to hibernate away from all stores this time of year, I share your fuzzy feeling :)

Chely said...

Full Christmas mode. Thanks for reminding us of the real meaning.

On December 20th, our friends and I are planning a Christmas gathering, (at my house of course) since Christmas Eve & Day are set to spend with our family.

We have planned on bringing "NO PRESENTS!" Just our presence, company, joy, warmth and willingness to spend an awesome time together and to celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ's birth.

I am looking forward to this:)

Unknown said...

im with you my friend. bring on some christmas music

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice sentiment! I always look forward to this time of the year - the coziness and hapiness of it all - I just love Christmas!

Betty F said...

RIGHT on Joe!!! We're making gifts this year. Paul's promotion was delayed; we're glad and celebrating he still has a job!!! I'm looking forward to Celebrating Christmas and Thanksgiving this year in a very low keyed but happy mood.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants