Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My Songs

Although I really don't play any musical instruments even though I've tried I can still say that I and my whole family for that matter are very musical. A lot of what we do revolves around music. We love to dance and we love to sing. My brother is an awesome DJ my dad used to sing the masses when he was young, my sister is the church choir director.

That's why when Mr Manuel of Manuel's View shared this link I just had to try it. The link is for "The Number 1 Song This Day On History". Here you can enter a date and it will tell you which song was number one at that time.

Turns out that when I was born the number 1 song of the day was "Sleep Walk" by Santo & Johnny. I must admit, I have heard this song thousands of times and I never knew the name until today. I had to youtube it to hear which one it was. I can tell you right now that I have slow dance that song with my chica many times. Next time we dance this song I'll be able to tell her in her ear, "Yo baby, that was the numero uno song when I was born".


When mi chica and I married "Arthur's Theme (The Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross was the number one song. Funny because the movies were about a rich wino, but I always liked the song. The song said, "The best that you can do is fall in love" that's why on that month I got married.


But if my math is correct, the number one song when I was conceived back in 1958 was... drum roll pleaseeeeeee! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. "The Chipmunk Song" by David Seville and the Chipmunks. He, he, he, you think my parents were rockin' to that song thinking it was romantic, y saz, nine months later there I come, here I am, here I am?



So there you have it. I didn't do one for when I graduated because I forgot which month I graduated in.

Try it, to see what was rocking during your time.

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

Conceived to the Chipmunk song? CLASSIC!!!

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

The chipmunks! ha! ha!

Number one when I was born was The Letter by The Boxtops.

Michelle said...

OH no..... NO MORE CHIPMUNKS!!! Please!!!

I am gonna try it... and post mine.

Betty F said...

I LOVED the Chipmonk Song.. I graduated from High School in 1970. SO many good songs. I was a Credence Clearwater Fan.. Love iTunes for all the old songs... Harry Chapin's Remember when the Music is great too; reminds me of high school.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants