Monday, December 08, 2008

Weekend Review


This is my goddaughter Paula in her birthday outfit. Isn't she cute?

Wow, what a weekend I had. Christmas party on Friday, my goddaughter's birthday party on Saturday, and my grandson's birthday party on Sunday. Never a dull moment in the Joe Cool household.


And here is my duck blowing off the candles on his homemade Wall-E cake.


Throw in the mix the fact that the Cardinals, the team I have followed and been a fan of for 18 years clinched the first title in 33 years. Yeah, there was a bit of screaming and celebrating over at my house.

"My coach was like, 'Act like you've been there before, act like you've been there before,"’ defensive tackle Darnell Dockett said. "I said 'Coach, I ain't been there before. I don't know how to act right now."'

As NFC West champions, the Cardinals will host a playoff game for the first time since, as the Chicago Cardinals, they defeated Philadelphia to win the NFL title in 1947. Rest assured that for us here in Phoenix this will be like hosting the Super Bowl all over again. I am not a big sports fan, I have already expressed that before, but I do root for my local teams and the Cards really deserve to be where they are right now. In the past all I expected from them was for them to beat the Cowboys and the Raiders and I was a happy camper.

To end the week on a good note I invited mi chica to watch a movie with me. I have started my Christmas movie recording mode and the DVR is full of them right now. I had recorded the movie "P.S. I love you", my daughter told me it was a really good movie, as we were starting to watch it my other daughter told me that my grandson messed the recording up. So... we I erased it and picked another movie. We chose a movie called "The Christmas Choir". It was one of those feel good Christmas movies and both mi chica and I were enjoying it until without warning with about less than ten minutes for the movie to end the recording stopped. Yep, we did not watch then end. Hopefully we will catch it again so that we can see how it ended.

I do have a bunch of pictures from the weekend but they are in my lap top so... come back to see them tonight when I post them. Until then, have a great week.


Mandatory group shot.



Wall-E Cake, as baked my my daughter's friend.



Wall-E himself was invited to the party.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you had a great weekend and hope you get to catch that movie again soon!!

cant wait to see pics

Michelle said...

What no pics?... I forgive you then.

Yes busy weekend... as I was reading this you said, Christmas party, goddaughter's birthday... and I am sitting here thinking, he didn't go to Arianna's party and she's not his goddaughter she's mine! I forget sometimes that you're paula's godparents. Haha.

Ok I'll be back later to see pictures.

Betty F said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! I'm tired just thinking about it! Yeah, It was GREAT that the Cardinals won: I'm a big fan of Fitzsimmons and Curt Warner so this is great!

Jose said...

amy - Man, I hope we catch it too. I'm telling you it's only the very end we missed, but I am sure that's the part where the tears come out. lol

michelle - Yeap, I am Paula's nino. Oh, download my pics from Ducky's fiesta into my PC. Please!

betty - Awww, nice to see you back too. The Cards won, can you believe that. I am truly excited.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another amazing weekend!

I just want to commend you for asking your girl to a movie. You are such a wonderful and thoughtful man! Your love for her is so evident and it makes me all warm and fuzzy to know there is still romance in life!

Cheers to you both!

Have a wonderful week!

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Oh man! Movie interuptus!

I listened to some of your singsnap songs. You have a great voice!

Chely said...

December is certainly busy for all. I'm glad you're starnting off in the right track.

The cake is sooooo cute!

Betty F said...

Love the photos you added! That cake is something else

nikkidaarling said...

Yay ducky! <3

nikkidaarling said...

LOL!!! And my word verification was:

jjosmedad

HAHA!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants