Sunday, February 15, 2009

CMC Pancake Breakfast


My Pony ready for the show.


On Saturday night I told both my daughters that the Copperstate Mustang Club annual Pancake Breakfast would be on Sunday and asked them if they would like to go. We had missed the last two years and they both immediately agreed to come. Of course Junior enlisted himself too and so the plan was to wake up early to get ready since we had to be at the park before 10:00 a.m.


I couldn't believe there were only three Fox Bosy Mustangs in attendance, but I did love the attention my car received.


Let me mention that Junior works at Danny's Car wash and last Friday I left my car home and I kindly asked him if he would take it with him so I could get a free car wash. He agreed and two hours later he called me at work to let me know that he was going to give my car the royal treatment and was going to have it detailed inside and out.

When I came home that afternoon I could not believe my eyes, my car's color is called Electric White because it is a vibrant white but for the past few years it had been more of a yellowish white with lots of grease smears all over. So driving in and seeing a totally white car parked in my driveway with a clean interior and engine I couldn't be more happily surprised.

So, the annual Pancake Breakfast was just the venue or show to proudly display it again. So at 9:00 a.m. I we took off only stopping in Phoenix to pick up my daughter Nikki and "Ducky" and we were on our way. It was a cold morning so for the first time I did not lower the top (I must be getting old because on previous years top was always down even if freezing). We got to the park early but it was almost already full. One thing my daughters were wondering was if we would know anybody since we have been away for so long.


New to our clug is the CMC Racing Division. They are coming up with events and holding them at Speedworld. I have not attended one yet but I hear they are very exciting.

Upon entering the park I started to hear "Here comes Jose" and or "Jose is here", wow you would think people forget but not this community of Mustang enthusiasts. Granted, there were many new faces, people I haven't met yet, people I haven't seen, but all the familiar faces were there too. The welcome couldn't have been any warmer, even the president of the club said "I would like to welcome Jose back, I know I saw his car drive in" then he asked "Jose, where are you?". Of course I was flattered by the attention and made some noise of my own. When I told mi chica of this she said, "Noise, not you". lol


As you can see it was a full parking lot. I was amazed at the amount of brand new Mustangs. When I joined ten years ago it was mostly classic Mustangs. Wow, how times change.

The weather warmed up a bit and the meeting went by, then it was time for the 50/50 raffle. I had bought two tickets and Nikki bought one only. Well, they say it only takes one ticket and Nikki proved that, she was the lucky winner of a $75.00 pot. "Daddy, thank you again for inviting me to the Pancake Breakfast" she told me again.

To go with my clean car, my fog lights that I ordered also came in and will be installed soon. Yeap, I think my car is on it's way to looking good again. We are all looking forward to Knott's Berry Farm and Fabulous Fords Forever car show. This year we will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Fox Body Mustangs. Should be a blast, we are ordering our tickets this week event though the show is the third week of April.







Well, I brought the car show to you and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

6 comments:

Betty F said...

Loved your post. Lyndsey, my daughter, said if she has another baby, and it's another girl.. she's naming her Shelby (with two more names starting with a G and a T.. Not sure what Victor thinks! Sounds like another great family day

Jose said...

betty - We did have a great time, my daughter Nikki was specially happy for winning some much needed moula.

Anonymous said...

All of the mustangs are beautiful - but none as beautiful and clean as yours :-) It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Glad you get to enjoy your hobby so much :-)

And I'm starting to get really ticked off because your blog is not updating in bloglines so I never know when you are posting anymore!!! Maybe I did something wrong, lol.

Nikki Darling said...

Im working on that whole feed thing dad!!

And yes, it was a GREAT Day!

Michelle said...

It was fun! I am excited to go to many more events d be somewhat more active. I know Junior is up for it too as long as the events are on Sundays.

Leisa Dreps said...

Wow, that's a lot of Mustangs in one space! And in different gorgeous colors! I actually thought one of the cars was painted like that of Canada's flag, lol. Btw, I didn't know that Electric White looks amazing on cars, too. I usually see the color in guitars. Please keep it that way, Jose!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants