Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Family Gathering

Saturday was a pretty fun day. My sister had called to invite the family for a get together, nothing special to celebrate except each other. The menu was "Tacos de Lengua" ummmmmm, tacos! Of course the younger generation spoke in outrage, they are "tongue haters", but my niece was quick to point out that for all the tongue haters they would have hot dogs. So, of course we said we would come, I can't say no to tacos de lengua, no sir I won't.

Mi chica works on Saturday so we had to wait until she got home, we gave her a little time to unwind and get ready and soon we were on our way. When we got there most of the family was there already but they were still heating up the food. Good, the tacos are not gone yet. The grown ups are talking the kids are playing and somehow while the kids are playing 5-year old Diego must have bumped into 4-year old "Ducky" and he comes out crying and into my arms. My daughter goes in to inquire as to what happened and Diego tells her it was an accident. Nikki tells "Ducky" it was an accident baby and from the other corner my 4-year old nephew says, "Don't worry Ducky, my mom says I was an accident too".

My daughter came out laughing from the room to tell us the story. My niece says, "no he was not, he was planned". lol We were all having a good laugh. I guess it is true that kids do say the darnest things.

Nothing like a good family get together. We even got to karaoke a little bit which to me was just icing on the cake.

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - That is too cute!! I love that kids have the most wonderful things to say :-)

Glad you had another fun family outing!!

Michelle Duckworth said...

Oops he was an accident! LOL

MrManuel said...

That was a cute story! Thanks!

No tacos de cabeza?

Jose said...

Erin - LOL Yes they do. These are little kids we are talking about.

michelle - The mommy said no. lol

MrManuel - This time we only had tacos de lengua y de tripas. Ummm que rico! And for the tongue haters as they called themselves my sister pulled out the hot dogs.

EnchantedPixie7 said...

Darn it! Raul loves tongue! *cringes in disgust*

Anyways I was out witha friend the other day and someone refered to a baby as an accident. As someone pointed out, no child is a accident, they may be a surprise but never an accident.

Crystal said...

I'm sooooo sad I couldn't be there! I LoOoOoOoVe Tacos De Lengua! Especially with a good Salsa! YUM!

Maybe when I'm there in a couple of weeks I can convince Tia to throw a mini party to make up for what I missed =) lol

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants