Friday, March 27, 2009

Karaoke, a Birthday, and a Car Show

The weeks just fly by too fast which in turn is a contradiction as my days are so slow at work that they seem to take forever, yet here we are, planning another weekend. I may just start things off tonight with going out to Manny's for karaoke and a soda, yep as per doctor's instructions no alcohol will be going into this handsome little body. So, I don't know what kind of patron I will be to the place but I'll make it up as I go. Chips 'n' Salsa and a drink, ummmm big spender ain't I?

You know I'll be hitting the big 5-0 in a few months but when I go to Manny's I'm still one of the young ones there. The karaoke crowd is mostly older people which are really appreciative when listening to others sing, reason enough for me to feel comfortable there. I have been able to sing a lot of different songs without being afraid of messing up or sounding bad. I have repeated a few here and there but I try to keep it fresh. However, my karaoke buddies there insist on singing the same songs every single week, all they do is alter the order that they sing then in. I still think it's too cute and I for one don't mind it either.


Diego and grandpa on a karaoke session at home.


Today is Diego's birthday and tomorrow he gets his party. He is turning 6 and is totally excited about it. Wasn't it just the other that I got news I was going to be a grandpa. Again, how fast time flies. I will have to make some noise tonight and be with him tomorrow in the morning because in the afternoon I will be going to our Spring Car Show. The Copperstate Mustang Club which I have been a member of for 10 years now will host our annual spring show under the lights. The show will take place at our sponsor Ford dealership Berge Ford in the city of Mesa.





This is my pony. A '93 Vert.


I have no chance of placing since my car has been my daily driver for the past 10 years but it will be fun to see how it fairs. I am counting on my son in law to take it to work tonight and clean it up so that it is as presentable as it can be tomorrow.

I'll let you know how things went on another post soon. In the meantime I wish you all a great weekend.

.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants