Friday, November 12, 2010

Finally It's The Weekend

Come and eat at my place.

Today after work I'll be going to a funeral, a friend of mine lost his mom and even though they already expected it it's still hard I'm sure. So if you are the praying kind please include him and his family in your prayers.

But then after I get home I will start enjoying my weekend. The weather in Phoenix finally changed and as I expected it was drastic. Last Saturday I washed my white Mustang, poor car was so dirty from being parked in the garage for so long that it took me almost four hours to clean it but I gave it and throughout makeover kindda car wash. It was sunny and hot and yes by the time I finished my back had a good dose of sunburn, and of course smart me wore no sunblock. Ouch!

Monday the car looked so good that I drove it to work with the top down, all I needed was a light jacket and I was on my way, then the very following day the temperature dropped so much that all of a sudden it feels like winter and there's no way I would drive the car with the top down in the morning, the afternoons however are a different story.

Today it's so cold (By Phoenix standards. I know cold for us Phoenicians is t-shirt weather for some of you back east) that I am wearing a sweat shirt and a jacket, brrrr and if you plese give me a second I'll be right back I'm going to turn my little space heater on.

Cold weather calls for hot chocolate, sweet bread, good movies, and a cover, and soon I'll be enjoying those yearly wonderful Christmas movies I love so much, while lounging on the couch. I love it, can't wait!

Chocolate Abuelita. Ummm que rico!

Image borrowed from the Internet.

After today I am only working four more days and then I'll be out on vacation for ten glorious long days. There's so much I want to do but not enough moulla to do it, so what should I do? Where should I go? Whom should I visit? I am taking suggestions starting... NOW!

The alternative to a vacation is to stay home and tip every third person you see. ~Author Unknown

In the meantime while I think and decide on what to do for my vacation I also need to decide what to cook tonight. Monday and Friday are two days I cook for me, as all the other days I eat with my mom and the weekends sometimes I eat out. I've been experimenting with cooking meals I had never cooked before and I am pleasantly surprising myself because I am not a bad cook at all. I have recipes flying in my head that are dying to get out of there and be tried. Ummmm what to eat tonight? I don't know yet but I am sure it will be muy rico!

Well, I'm diggin this new look my daughter gave my blog and I hope you are too. Have a terrific weekend.

OK maybe the hot chocolate will come after a couple of these. lol

3 comments:

Wanda said...

I would love to eat at your place!!

Looking forward to vacation is always a pleasure.

Jose said...

It's actually pretty good seafood at Joe's. Ummmm ummm good. And yes, so excited about 10 whole days away from work. :)

sandy said...

Hi, found time to drop by and it looks like you are going to have a vacation! Enjoy yourself. And sorry for your friend's loss.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants