Saturday, April 02, 2011

My Debut at the Bohemian Night

Joe Cool ready for his performance.

I really thought I would be more nervous but the fact is that I felt right at home which in turn put me at ease. I was asked to take a set of five songs but while there another bohemio only had three songs for his sets and asked me if I could share one of mine which I gladly did. I had taken four romantic ballads and one ranchera, well they have yet to hear me sing a ranchera now.

Meet Mary, the event organizer.

Testing the equipment, getting things ready.

So I got there and started to help them set up, my friend Ramon and his two co-horts (Trio Destino)got there and so did my niece and her dad. Yey, all of a sudden I had a little cheering support there, and spending that time the prior day with Mary, Blanca, and Vicky just set me a different zone.

At around a little past eight Mary took the microphone and welcome everyone to another Bohemian Night gathering and what did she do next? Yeap, she called me (the rookie) to be first which to tell the truth I was happy she did for two reasons. One, because I wanted to get my performance over and done with asap, and two, because after all the other bohemios performed it would be extremely hard to follow their act. It also freed the rest of my time there to concentrate on recording some of their performances.


Here I am with michrophone in hand in my debut night.

Everybody there is really talented and it shows how much they love being there and being part of such a tight group. How much they love being there? Just ask this lady and her kids, they come from Whitmann every Friday night just to be there. "Where is Whitmann?" you ask, well let's just say is about an hour away that's where.

I came out with a new respect for the poets. They recite their poetry and I am talking five minute excerpts from memory, and some of them recite more than once excerpt, and here I am not being able to retain not even the lyrics to one song.





But the night belonged to The Trio Destino Three men, three guitars, three awesome voices, combining their individual talents to create one extraordinary sound. While you may see professionals on TV all the time, I prefer and admire more the local non celebrity talent, where people perform for the love their music and not for the love of money. The Bohemian Night is just a gathering of friends sharing their talents with no monetary gain. How awesome is that?





And so it seems to me that once again I have found something else to keep me moving forward, I for one don't want to waste the opportunity of benefiting from such a wonderful support group.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Daddy-O where was your perofrmance?! I wanted to see that!

Jose said...

Maryita used her camera to record, that's why I was asking you about downloding from the memory stick to the PC. But as soon as I get them I will post them.

Angelica said...

im so there!

ChrisJ said...

Hey Jose! I've been neglecting you! Not deliberately, but have been a bit out of sorts for a number of weeks. Just went back over your past blogs I have missed. You sure have been busy. So now you're officially an artiste! So glad your enjoying your new career as a singer. Your family are still looking adorable and happy. That photo of you and your princesa in pink is a keeper -- and the one of Diego. Late happy birthday to him.
Your blogs are all so interesting though I have to admit the bikes are a bit beyond this 73 year old grandma. As I gain more strength I will be back blogging more. Just glad to know you are still thriving.

I will come back and listen to the clips, because it's the middle of the night now and I couldn't sleep but don't want to wake the rest of the house. Stay close to the Lord, sing to your heart's content and love your family as you do now. You are a unique person with a unique family. Blessings.

Poemary said...

COMO SIEMPRE JOSE, UN PLACER INMENSO EL SABERNOS EN TU BLOG Y EL SABERTE EN NUESTRO GRUPO BOHEMIO! LO HAS SABIDO EXPLICAR MUY BIEN, SOMOS UNA GRAN FAMILIA UNIDA POR LA MUSICA Y LA POESIA! POR EL SOLO PLACER DE ESCUCHARNOS LOS UNOS A LOS OTROS! BIENVENIDOS TODOS! GRACIAS PORQUE CON TUS FOTOS Y VIDEOS NOS AYUDAS A PROMOVER NUESTROS VIERNES DE BOHEMIA!
INFORMACION AL 602.768.6627 O CON JOSE EN ESTA HERMOSA PAGINA!
BENDICIONES Y ABRAZOS DEL ALMA! =)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants