Friday, June 10, 2011

What If


Can you imagine if you went your life acting on the "what ifs"? To me a "what if" always have a negative connotation to it in the sense that it opens the door to over thinking and failure. While life is about challenges and risks relying on the "what if" most certainly will reduce the chances of success because of the fear of taking the risk.

I want a new car but "what if" I can't handle the monthly payments.

I want to be happy but "what if" happiness is not for me.

I want to love you but "what if" you don't love me in return.


Ummmm, What if we eliminate the "what if" and actually have the guts to take the risk and find out for sure? There is nothing worst than living with the uncertainty of not trying something because there was a "what if" that got in front of it. I prefer to fail and to say at least I tried, than to live with the uncertainty of what could have been.

On the other hand I do listen to my common sense, and if my common sense tells me this idea in your head is too crazy, then it probably is, so a complimentary "what if" thought is actually welcomed.

I have learned to trust my gut feelings, I have learned to listen to my heart, and I have developed a pretty sound common sense over the years which combined help me deal with what comes my way. So "what if" I cut this post short and just wish you all a nice and happy weekend. Yeah, I think I'll do just that.

1 comment:

ChrisJ said...

When I was teaching (mostly Bible and English) my kids always knew that I wouldn't answer 'what if' questions, because for most of them there no answers -- especially in Bible. But in creativity what if's are perfectly acceptable.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants