Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lancaster

So Friday morning I got up showered and went to pick Abby up at her parents' house. The idea was for us to leave for Lancaster as soon as I got there but her mom had other plans, pretty much like mine she said you guys are not going anywhere until you eat, and with that they started making the most delicious "tacos dorados de papa". Needless to say instead of leaving at 10:00 am we left at a little bit past noon.

Remember that the original plan for me to drive to La Puente pick her up and immediately turn around and drive back to Phoenix but fate had a different plan for us and I just could not pass it up. Abby's kids all leave in different places, one leaves in Sonoma, California, another one in Lancaster, and her younger one and only girl lives in Maryland. I had already accepted that I would meet them one at a time as the opportunity allowed.

Well to make a long story short and as if by magic, her daughter cancelled her trip to Europe because she got sick and instead flew to California a week early, and her older son and his wife decided to drive down to Lancaster too. What were the chances of me meeting them all at the same time? Exactly, there was no way I was going to miss this opportunity.

I spotted that hot rodded bomb and immeadiately asked Abby to take a pictue, she got shutter crazy and took a few except it was traveling too fast. Eventually I caught up and...



Then she caputured this image. She wanted the whole side of the car but I guess we were already too close. The driver never even saw the paparazzi was taking his picture.

We had a great day complimented by a carne asada and lots of sea food. Ummmm yummy! For an ice breaker I say it all went well, they made me feel welcomed and I even took some pictures with them and God providing I hope there will be many more gatherings in our future. My son already asked "when are we meeting them?" So hopefully soon before the big day.


I hope they don't mind that I posted this picture without their permission. Here are Abby's kids and granddaughter posing with us. We took a few pictures that day and Abby had a huge smile in every single one ot them.

What a beautiful family, love the smiles.

At around 9:00 pm we said good bye and Abby and I headed to Phoenix. We had a pretty nice drive with plenty of conversation and music. A one hour delay due to construction almost gave cramps to my clutch leg but other than that smooth sailing all the way. We got to my mom's at around 3:00 am and went to rest as we were leaving for Sedona right after breakfast.

But that folks is another story.

Peace!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh my goodness Jose, I'm loving this roller coaster ride you are taking us on.....

I love that you had a good conversation and music on your trip...

That "communicating" is key to any relationship. So happy for you.

sandy said...

Her family looks wonderful and wow, I have missed so much. I've been enjoying your trips (sedona) etc.. you always tell a good story as you go along.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants