Monday, August 01, 2011

Sunday at The American Legion


The other day I received a text from a dear friend of mine whom I met during Karaoke Friday at Manny's and he was inviting me to go see him sing on Sunday as he would be performing at The American Legion in Glendale from 2:00 ~ 5:00 p.m.

I had not seen him and his family for well over a year so I was happy to oblige. I was glad I did, he sang three sets during that time and he did most of my own karaoke favorites. Yeah, ever since Manny's stopped karaoke my country music singing has been in the back burner as I have been mostly singing in Spanish at Noche de Bohemia, so it was definitely fun to sing along with him. I video taped a few of his performances but almost by instinct I probably did voice overs as I was singing along. lol He'll probably will love that... Not!

Here is my friend Steve singing and giving me a shout out.

He even told me that if we were to practice a couple of songs he would ask me up the stage to join him. Ha! He should know by now I don't practice, I just look for the lyrics in the screen and sing away. Je je je, you can just imagine the mess I make out of the songs I sing. Ummm I wonder if that's why he said "practice"?

Steve and I have actually done a duet. We sang "You make me feel brand new" by the Stylistics and we did more than OK. I do the manly voice and he does the high voice.

Thanks Steve for the invite, I had fun and will join you again elsewhere as you continue to get more gigs, I am truly happy you are making some money by doing something you love and that we actually did for free during karaoke. Keep up the good work and sing away.



Here Steve sings a song I used to sing a lot at Manny's. Of course I couldn't resist and had to sing along. lol

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants