Monday, January 02, 2012

The First Day Of 2012

I love everybody even people I have not met in person but that have been in my everyday life. I know there are some people out there that don't really understand this concept but I have found some of the greatest friends I have in the Internet and I won't change them for nothing and I have no problem at all letting them now that I love them.

This being said I welcomed 2012 with the people I love and care the most. I spent the morning with the woman that I love the most, my fiance Abby and the woman probably loves me more than anyone in this whole wide world, my mom! And the sistersita that knows me better than anyone, the one that when I was little took care of me, and when I was young made sure my clothes were always looking sharp for the disco, and the one that always has an open ear to hear me out. Thanks sistersita for pulling me back to church, serving with you in our choir ministry has been a life saver.

After mass Abby and I came to the house to wait for those that have made my life very bright and very happy, yes I am talking about my three kids and my ten wonderful grand kids. Without a doubt God blessed me with the best kids a father can ever wish for and now these ten grand kids that bring sunshine and a lot of noise into my life. We were also very fortunate to have Abby's little girl and her boyfriend join us in a family carne asada. There is nothing better than to start the new year with those you love the most.

My two dysfunctional in laws whom I love as if they were my sons took over the grill and before we knew it we were all enjoying the carne asada. Abby had cooked this killer rice that one of my daughters dubbed as fantastic, some tasty beans, and a delicious pico de gallo, while I made two different kinds of salsas which as always the kids attacked right away with tortilla chips.

There was a little moment there when I didn't feel the love. They guys say there is a curse that if I watch my favorite team play they will lose so time and time again they ban me from the living room when The Cardinals are playing. I went out to take care of the meat on the grill but had to go inside to get a pan, I was in the kitchen for no more than 30 seconds when the opposing team scored a touchdown, the "Dad get out of here" screams came out from all of them almost in unison. Half an hour later they came out and said Dad you may now come back in, our team won. lol

What a fantastic family time we had together and I was so happy to be sharing this time with Abby.

Abby and I closed the day with a visit to my sister's house. There my nieces had us going with some of their stories, we drank coffee, talked, had fun, and laughed a lot. All in all it was a fantastic first day of the year.

4 comments:

MrManuel said...

Sounds like 2012 is off to a great start, senor!

Jose said...

Indeed MrManuel, indeed. Happy New Year to you and your lovely wife and all of you family as well.

Chely said...

I'm so happy you experienced a great 1st Anniversary brothersito.

ChrisJ said...

"There is nothing better than to start the new year with the ones you love." Great wisdom there, Jose. So glad you have been so blessed. You deserve it.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants