Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Luau


As expected the girls did an outstanding job at putting the “Father’s Day Hawaiian Luau” together. It was their way to tell us dads “Thank You”. The family started showing up a little past 5:00 p.m. and before we knew it we had a full house. Due to the heat we had no games but the swimming pool did see a lot of action, actually that was the place to be, some of the guys chose to stay inside watching the fight on HBO, while some of us went to the back yard and fought the heat, “mi chica” kept the "Crushed Ice Margaritas" coming and that was just fine by me. No shortage of food either, from “Frijoles Puercos” to “Cochinita Pivil” I know, I know, that doesn’t sound too Hawaiian but since we have never been to Hawaii that was "mi chica's" interpretation of what Polynesian food should be. One of my sons in law supplied these little water guns and it took no time for everyone to have a water gun fight, everyone got in on the action even my mom, she was choosing her targets carefully as she wanted no retaliation from them. More than one had to jump into the pool fully clothed; they were either saving someone or just simply pushed by the pool bullies. A photo session with the sunset and the lake as the background was one of the highlights, most of us posed for some pictures and they came out great. Well little by little everyone said goodbye but a few die-hards stayed until 3:00 a.m. playing Taboo. All in all a great time was had by those that came; to the ones that couldn’t make it I say you missed a great family gathering and we missed you. Don’t worry though there’s another celebration just around the bend, I think it’s a baby shower for Vane and our annual Coppertate Mustang Club ice cream social.

So what do you do on a luau? --- You get "lei-ed" ha, ha, ha. --- Gotta thank "timwashu" for this one. :)

Sunday morning “mi chica” took all of us (party of nine) to TJ’s for breakfast, after that all I had to do was enjoy the rest of the day.

To my "chica" --Thank you baby! You are the greatest... Love ~ito
To my father – Have a Happy father’s day dad, we miss you but will never forget you.

8 comments:

Nikki Darling said...

That was a pretty good summary of the noche dad! But I think people would want to see more pictures! Love ya, Nikki.

Anonymous said...

I agree! We had so much fun... I told mom we should do an end of summer luau, just for the heck of it! And yeah... you should have more pictures. I love pictures in my blog... I believe I am the picture blog queen! Our family loves pictures.

Anonymous said...

I agree! We had so much fun... I told mom we should have an "End of Summer" Luau, just for the heck of it. And yeah, you should have more pictures. I like pictures on my blogs... and we all know I am the picture blog Queen! Our family likes pictures.

Anonymous said...

It looked like alot of fun! It's a shame we're one of the ones that missed it :(

Where's my food??

Anonymous said...

It looked like alot of fun! It's a shame we're one of the ones that missed it :(

Where's my food??

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! It's a shame we were one of the ones that missed out :(

Where's my food!?

Anonymous said...

You mean there was no Luau Dancing Contest???

It looks as if you all had a lot of fun. I've heard possitive comments from my MOM:)

Funny, but when Crystal told me that you guys had a Luau Party, I asked her..."Did anyone get Lei-ed?"

TLR said...

Looks like you had a great time Jose

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants