Monday, November 20, 2006

Simpler is Better



Sometimes the simpler unplanned things turn out to be the best. "mi chica" had just finished telling me that it was time for us to have a "Carne Asada", with the beautiful weather we are having I couldn't agree more.

Sunday morning on our way to mass, "mi chica's" phone rang and it was her sister calling to invite us to have "Carne Asada" at the park by her house. Coincidence? I think not, it really was time for us to enjoy the "Carne Asada" tacos and BBQ chicken and so the two sisters communicated telepathically before they even picked up their cell phones.

We couldn't have asked for a better day, even though we are well into the month of November, here in Phoenix we are still having weather that invites us to wear shorts and t-shirts. Being that is was a small neighborhood park we were lucky to have it all for ourselves, the kids run up and down with no signs of getting tired, the swings and slide in the playground had no breaks.

This is a week that we all reserve to express our gratitude to God for the things that we have, for the great moments that he allows us to have such as last Sunday. Being a part of such a big family sometimes creates conflicts and what should be simple becomes complicated. I'm thankful that many of us have been working diligently towards keeping the family unity alive and well, the family needs to be nourished and well taken care of before anything else.

I'm thankful for the 25 years that "mi chica" has put up with me, I'm thankful because I still have my mom around, and I'm thankful that my daughters and son are conquering the hurdles that come with being married and having a family of their own. Granted they all live with us right now but eventually they will have to go on their own and when that happens I want for them to be prepared.

So I don't know about you all but I'm not only reserving Thursday for thanksgiving but I will use the whole week and the whole year as well, and remember that it doesn't matter if you think you are having it too hard, there's always others that have it worse than we do.

6 comments:

Chely said...

BEAUTIFUL!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Amen...I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

Elena said...

Tienes toda la razon.
Tenemos que darle gracias a Dios todos los dias de nuestra vida.

TLR said...

Wow, what a wonderful day and thought. Will you adopt me as a family member, your's sounds great? ¡Podría ser una Tía o la Hermana!

Really Jose, you are a lucky man.

Lana said...

Grilled beef Yummy. Will not have that for a couple on month. Unless I want to cook in the snow and cold. Wait I do that already. Oh we love grilling out. Yes I still do it in the winter months.
Jose that was beautifully written. Thank You.
I am Thankful for my family and friends. Most of all Chiphead who I gave 28 years of my life to. I am hoping more to come.

La Bella Lady said...

I am thankful for you to be able to share your family & your insights. Thank you.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants