Thursday, December 21, 2006

Three Days Til' Christmas

Shopping? What is that? It's a known fact that the mall and I don't mix, every so often I go out with "mi chica" but my interest span only lasts for about five minutes and then it's all down hill from there. It never fails but when I go out shopping with the girls it's just a matter of time until I need to go to the restroom and since I refuse to use public restrooms (unless of course it's only number one) their shopping time has immediately been cut to about a fraction of their allotted time, that's why y being as smart as they are, they don't invite me.

It's funny because if the shopping involves a Harley Davidson dealership, I can browse for hours and hours without getting tired at all. At the dealers I scan just about every shelf, look for sales, browse at the ride flyers and calendars, and of course I have to try every bike in the showroom to see which one may be a suitable trade for my fatboy. Except after an hour or two of doing this I wake up and tell myself, "Self, your bike is paid for and it's beautiful, you don't need a new one" and I usually convince myself pretty easy, but to dream is free so why not.

Tomorrow we will be working only for a little over half a day and then we are all going home to start our Christmas Weekend, I'm really looking forward to being with my family. Our Christmas gatherings used to be the best but for a while there they got boring, our family is extremely big and it's hard to stay together as everyone has to visit two families, but in the past two years we have tried to revive the family unity and so this Christmas is a good opportunity to revive the good time we had in the past.

Our family does everything on Christmas Eve, get start getting together at around 8:00 p.m., once most of us are together we have a dinner, there is usually lots of different thing to eat, from tamales, to fruit salad and everything in between and then at midnight we do the present exchange and the kids get to open all their presents. Normally the whole affair ends at around 2:00 a.m. at which time we all go to our homes. In our case we still have another bunch of presents to open at home and normally nobody likes to wait until Christmas morning so we stay up a little more and take care of that, finally we go to bet knowing that we don't have to get up if we don't want to.

Our Christmas day is usually very quiet, the stores are closed so we just stay home and vegetate, but this year I asked "mi chica" if we can have some sort of Christmas Day dinner and she said that it was a great idea. So more food it is then.

This year we have been watching lots of Christmas movies, thanks to our DVR (what a great invention) we record as many as we can and then watch one or two every night, it's been great, specially because "mi chica" has tagged along every night, on any other night we are on different TVs because we like different shows but the holidays have brought us together every night, is that cool or what?

I know that I will have a nice Christmas because my family is with me and I hope that all of you out there have a very Merry Christmas too, take it easy on the eggnog and have a safe holiday.

6 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND!

Anonymous said...

What a late night! We got to my grandma's about 6 on Christmas Eve, open presents about 730, and are done by around 9 or so. Then we go home, and start all ove rin the morning at our respective homes.

I love malls. I am a good little shopper. Then again, I have no problem going number 2 at public restrooms - well, most public restrooms.

Erin said...

I clicked on MY renter ;)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Biker Betty said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year :)

Anonymous said...

I know this is a few days late..but here's wishing you & yours a very berry Merry Christmas and rest of Holidays too!

See ya in the New Year

La Bella Lady said...

I pray that your family was able to enjoy such unity. May all your resolutions for the next year become a reality. I will pray for your helath and for a nother prosperous year.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants