Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Finished Look


I know it has been a while since I blogged about our laminate floor and I also know that I promised to post some pictures of the finished job. Well I didn't have a camera but now I do, so last night I decided to take some pictures of it so without further ado here they are. Click on the pictures to see them bigger.

Remember "mi chica" decided not just to do one room but pretty much the whole house, by doing it ourselves we saved a ton of money as the professional estimates where totally out of our budget. So thanks to my two son-in-laws for providing most of the muscle to accomplish the job.

The next step is to install the joiners that will have to be custom made as they have to make them to match the color of the wood. It's taking a little bit to get used to the resonance since we still don't have area rugs but pretty soon we will get a couple of them, that will muffle some of the sound. All "mi chica" needs to do now is to accessorize because right now we don't have too many things.

It will all tie in pretty good once it's finish.

The next project is to build a wall unit that will display all my empty DVD cases, and a collection of die cast cars that I have.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice... very chic!

Erin said...

Very modern and cool - I really love it!

Um, what the hell size is that tv??? That is huge!!! AND I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look, Jose! Did you daughter help? It looks great.

The new floor looks really nice. I love the look. Very sleek...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I alwaus enjoy hearing from you!

Cheers!

Jose said...

fida - It does look nice, doesn't it?

ec - It's a 62" screen and we love it.

carol - No my daughter didn't help, she did the whole thing. Isn't she creative?

Chely said...

Ohhhh, that looks nice:D

I can hardly wait to dance a little Folklorico or Zapateado on it!

Can I? Huh, HUh????

O.K. Maybe some Disco instead.
The turns are bound to be easier to do:D

What do you say?

Anonymous said...

You did a great job. You should be proud!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants