Saturday, March 24, 2007

A "Cars/Diego" Birthday


"Lightning McQueen", "Tow-Mater", and birthday boy Diego

Today we celebrated, wow like if that is any news, our family is so big that we can pretty much celebrate something just about every weekend.

My grandson Diego turns four next Tuesday, but his birthday party was today. The party was at his Nana's house in Phoenix. The party was well attended and Diego made up like a bandit with all the presents he received. He has been on a one-track mind since the movie "Cars" came out, it has been his favorite and even though we have introduced more cartoon movies into our library he still prefers to watch "Cars".

~~~ "Ducky" and Diego posing for me below ~~~

He likes it so much that he actually asked my daughter and let me quote him on this one, "Mom, do you think I can have my name changed?" Mom replies, "Ughh, and what would you like to be called instead of Diego?" "Lightning McQueen, of course" he said.

Last Christmas he received a lot of "Cars" related presents but today just about everything, and I am talking everything he received was "Cars" related, a "Cars" fishing pole, and the cars didn't even fish in the movie, about 20 "Cars" t-shirts, "Cars" toys, and just to be different, his grandma and I gave her a HARLEY DAVIDSON back pack, yeah Harley that's the ticket. I call Diego my little car, he loves to run and make an engine noise with his mouth, he really wants to be Lightning McQueen.


We are hoping that next Christmas we may shift from "Cars" to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (TMNT) or something different, but as long as he keeps liking and enjoying "Cars" and he continues to be the happy kid he is, it's fine enough for me.
Next week, we will have yet another celebration, this one will be and important one as my son gets married after 9 years of living with his fiancee. But that will be another story. But for now let me go talk "Cars" with Diego.



Diego blowing the candles out

11 comments:

Michelle said...

He is one very happy little boy isn't he! I am glad the party was a success, and I know it was because when we got in the car to go home, Diego says, "Mom and Dad... That was the Best birthday ever! Thank you so much!"

Yeah, I have an awesome ("FOUR" year old) son!

Mel said...

aww your grandson is way cute!!

My dad loved the movie cars, so it makes me sad even though its not supposed to make me sad.

I would love a harley back pack LOL!!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Great shots Jose! You'll always treasure those.

Let'em stay with Cars - the turtles are kind of stupid to me, but hey, I'm not a kid...well, that's not really true!

Anonymous said...

Keep blogging, it's good to get a guy's voice / perspective on family and regular things. Not too many do that on line. I found your nifty blog because I just found the comment you left me about a certain dumped (at the time) actress and approved it. I get tons of smam to moderate and I missed your comment before.

Later. I like the photo site, too.

- Temple

Anonymous said...

Great pics of your cute grandson! Boys are so cute, when my son was that age he spent an entire summer mad at me because I wouldn't change his name Kataro (his name is Timothy). I have no idea where he heard this name either!
Thanks for visiting my blog this weekend!

Erin said...

So incredibly adorable!! 5 is such a wonderful age - enjoy it!

And thanks for the reassurance of reminding me of the "fractured foot" incident with my son...lol - one of these days I'm going to get one of his injuries/illnesses right!! But thanks for reminding me that I am only human, and my son is a great actor so it really wasn't my fault :)

Erin said...

*Doh* I mean to say 4 - I even said 4 and then changed it to 5... my mind is slowly going, I only read it 1 minute ago!!

Webmiztris said...

awww, it sounds like he had a good birthday! my nephew is so into Superman. I swear everything he got for his birhday a couple weeks ago was Superman related! I remember when I used to get all Barbie stuff. talk about pink overload...lol

EnchantedPixie7 said...

Sounds like you all had a good time. Sorry that we missed it. We will see you guys next weekend.

MrManuel said...

Sounds like heck of a party!!! And such a great movie!

Heart of Rachel said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Diego. Our birthdays are only a few days apart.

My son loves the movie Cars too and he has attended several bday parties with that theme.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants