Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Bachelor/Bachelorette Party


We are accustomed to conventional things. We do the things we are supposed to do, well, because that's what we are supposed to do but every so often it is good to think outside the box and do something different.

Conventionalism and innovation should go hand in hand as total opposites living in perfect harmony. Does that makes sense, I didn't think so but who cares.
So, its no secret my daughter will be married next week (sorry to hear you hate wedding EC) and the girls had plan on giving her a bachelorette party. They had plans, and they made plans on the different things that they were supposed to do as far as conventional bachelorette parties go, but at the last minute and without hesitation they (the powers that be) decided on a whim that a girls night out would be fun, maybe a chip 'n' dale's type stripper would make an appearance and they could have their fun but that would be too predictable.


So, instead they decided to send out an invitation to family and friends asking them to join us in the first ever bachelor/bachelorette party not at a restaurant or club or motel room or anything like that, but to a place here in the neighboring town of Goodyear called "Bounce U" (and no this is not a pay per post).

The invitation read, that in honor of the bride and groom and as a last chance to release their frustrations before they legally become a couple they were having a party where everyone was invited, that meant grown ups and kids alike. So we all caravaned to Bounce U where for what seemed to me like a long time we all jumped and slid on a giant slide and went through obstacle courses in a place where kids and grown ups alike were acting the same. It was so much fun to be able to go down a slide right next to my year old granddaughter and grandsons together and to actually be part of their fun and joy.

Boxing matches with these huge boxing globes and basketball playing inside a giant bouncy were part of the agenda, and if you want to find out just how out of shape you are (me, I was tired, no let me rephrase this, I was extremely tired two minutes after we entered the place) then this is the place to be.

My daughter was wearing her veil and my future son in law was wearing his tuxedo baseball cap, and this prompted the owner of the place to go and thank them for this one was the first time ever his fun place had hosted a bacherlor/bachelorette party. The fun part is that they have about five different cells which they rent for as long as you like only to you and your guests, so you don't have to worry about anything other than having fun.



Well, after the jumping/racing/boxing/sliding party we all came back to my house for a home made "Carne Asada" meal that was to die for.

I would like to thank those of you who attended, I think no one was disappointed and the experience was enjoyed by grown ups and kids alike. Sometimes it's good to think outside the box and to do unexpected things to bring a new meaning to an old custom.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Me la perdi.

Que pena!!!

Mel said...

I love that idea!!! Looks like so much fun!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE weddings. Any kind, it doesnt matter, I would crash weddings and go to ne every weekend if I could I cry everytime too. I am a sucker for a happy event.

If I lived closer I would crash this uncoming wedding for sure LOL! I know you will get lots of pics though so that will do.

Congrats to the couple!!

Biker Betty said...

How neat!!! Sounds like wonderful memories were made. What a great idea to include everyone at such a fun place.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants