Saturday, April 21, 2007

Imagination



I have been taking alternate routes on my way back home from work. The reason? -- Just to take pictures of interesting buildings, or different scenarios so that I can share them with you on my "Arizona... But It's a Dry Heat! Photo blog. I've found that getting stuck in traffic on purpose is a good thing, lots of the pictures I've shot lately were taken while on my car. No... never while driving, but while at a red light or a stop sign.



Downtown Phoenix has proven to be a wealthy photo-op place, I have only cruised a few streets that ultimately lead me back to the freeway and yet I have found lots of good places to photograph. The Historic District is one of the best places to drive around to find interesting subjects to shoot.



It's been lots of fun for me to search for these places, it's also teaching me a lot about this great city. Have you noticed the lack of graffiti in my pictures? Coming from L.A. you can't help but admire this city's cleanliness. Yeap, graffiti is something I can live without.

The under the freeway series of pictures I have posted is pretty good too, lots of artists have taken pride in either painting or adding sculptures to the freeway underpass bridges, there are also a few mosaics found there too.

My next target will be the brand new and still under construction "Gateway City Center" which is only about five minutes away from where I live. This place houses the Phoenix Coyotes Arena and the brand spanking new state of the art Cardinal's Stadium.

Restaurants, condominiums, 4-5 star hotels, a brand new movie theater, stores, Bellagio like fountains, and many other amenities will definitely provide me with an endless amount of photographic opportunities, and I am up to the challenge.

Today my Photo Blog passed the 10,000 visitor mark, and I couldn't be happier. Many of the commenters are returned visitors and the comments have proven to be very positive. It's a pleasure to know that many of you out there enjoy these pictures.


Thank you all for the support and awesome comments.

9 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Congrats! It's no wonder, with photos like these!

srp said...

Congratulations on the 10,000 mark. I love that gingerbread house picture... believe it was the second one down or so. Gorgeous Victorian.

Anonymous said...

Congradualtions! I too just passed my 10,000 mark! Your pics are great!

Lonnie said...

Congrats!!

I love the header...makes me nostalgic for Colorado...I am the guy in Chin from Pueblo--the place where '57 Chevys go to die...

OMBW

Mel said...

I love your pics, I love seeing other places. Keep em coming :)

Smalltown RN said...

those are great photos and such a great way to pass the time whilst driving home. I like to keep my camera in my car as well...I drive home often via the coastal route and you never know what will be out on the water.....I get the greatest sunrises driving home after a nightshift....

Thanks for sharing.....

Webmiztris said...

i'm glad you're stopping at the red lights and not driving through them like people are always telling me to do!! ;)

MrManuel said...

That middle house is really cool looking.

Congrats on the mark!

Battlerocker said...

They're very nice photos. Well done.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants