Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sparks Flew All Over the Kodak


I am not going to blog and give you a minute by minute play on the show, I think that if you watched it then you had to have seen the same thing I saw and heard the same thing I heard. If you didn't watch the show then it's probably because you don't care.

But for those of us that watch American Idol from the very first audition show and then sit week after week for an hour on Tuesday and then another half hour or full hour on Wednesday, it is important that the person that we followed from the beginning and made it all the way to the final showdown wins.

It just so happens that Jordin Sparks whom happens to be the daughter of a famous football player never used the name recognition to stay afloat in the show, instead week after week she gave solid performances that got better as the season progressed. Yes, I admit that Melinda was the stronger singer vocally but her popularity fell shy of making this competition. However Jordin's performances kept getting better and better and it's no gift (as it was for Blake) for her to be in this final competition.

Trying, (really I am trying) to give credit to Blake, I find it hard as the so called "wow" factor was not there for me, truth is it was not there for me all season long, and then when he performed the last song I thought he sounded OK but I actually thought that the song fell short and I told my daughter that I didn't like it. Not so much his performance but the song, but then Jordin comes out and sings the exact same song and I could have sworn it was a totally different song from the one that Blake sang. From the beginning of the song till the emotional crackling voice end of the song Jordin pretty much established without a doubt who should be crowned our 2007 American Idol.

Tomorrow we may gather here in my house to find out the results or we may go to Westgate City Walk here in Glendale where they will have a big gathering to watch the show on big screen televisions. I still don't know what we are going to do but either way it will be exciting to say the least.

10 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Just as expected, it was more difficult to get through the phone lines tonight. So, I gave Jordin 10 text message votes and was finally able to squeeze in 40 phone votes after 11:30pm.

It was definitely a great show tonight, they're both great.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Jose,
That's awesome! You guys picked up my slack. I just couldn't get through that well.

...I think she has it!

Erin said...

I saw the show (of course) and I can't even believe that people would consider giving it to Blake! Even Simon was against me when Blake sang his first song by saying he was really good... I didn't get it. I don't think Blake sings well enough to be up there, and I don't understand it.

Jordin has got to win - she was awesome last night, and so beautiful, and so perfect to be the next American Idol!!

Ah, my poor Melinda should have been there :(

Anonymous said...

I don't watch the show but if someone from my hometown was on it I probably would. I think it's cool how a town rallies around one of their own. Thanks for your really nice comment on my blog today! I'm going to add you to my blogroll!

Jose said...

chad - unfortunately I could never warm up to Blake, believe it or not I liked Phil more, to bad he lacked personality. Look at what happened to Melinda.

Between my two dauhgers they logged over 200 votes, now we wait and see.

ec - Simon is a fool to go against you. I can't believe Blake can win, I just don't think there's enough crying little girls out there to vote for him. Smart little girls voted for Jordin, I know my two little girls did. I agree with you, Jordin is the perfect candidate to be the next American Idol.

squirrel - You miss a really good show, AI is the best reality show out there. And about the comment, you are welcome, I have been reading your blog for a while too, I'll be happy to reciprocate and add you to my blogroll too.

Erin said...

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

We contributed to the win ;)

Battlerocker said...

Congrats, she won. :) Nice work on the assist!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

You might be pleased to know that I got the news from your post! I was out of town (Seeing Roger Waters) and missed the show and the follow up news. Thanks!

I suppose I'm happy with the win, but wish she could have gone up against the best at the end to cinch the victory in grand style.

Jose said...

ec - wooooooooooohooooooo
My sentiments exactly.

chad oneil - We certainly did. congratulations to us.

battlerocker - Isn't that cool. She deserved it. Oh and welcome back, hope the move went ok.

mushy - It would have been the ultimate to have a Melinda/Jordin finalle. You should know by readng my posts how I felt about that. But be as it may Jordin is worthy of the title.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants