Monday, May 21, 2007

The Wedding

Writing a post is getting harder and harder, after all life is very repetitious. I wish I could tell you something new but my life wonderful as it may be is pretty much routine.

Even our celebrations are becoming harder and harder to top as we have so many. Well such was not the case of my sisters wedding this past Saturday. It was at least 35 years in the making and it finally happened.

Friday we went to church to have an entrance practice. We were given instructions of the "do's" and "dont's", and also in which order we were going to march down the aisle. When the deacon asked whom was giving the groom away "mi chica" sort of kiddin-gly said she would. Well, the kidding became a reality as she was in fact the person that my brother in law took with him to walk him towards the bride as she came to meet him by the altar.

(Wow, baby I just realized that you gave him away but also you were kind of the "Best Man"... way to go "mi chica", you're the man... ma'am)

So, anyway practice went pretty good, we were to make sure that the following day everyone knew where to place themselves and what to do as they walk down the aisle and got to their places.

Me, I had the honor of walking my older sister in representation of my dad along with my mom on the other side. Both of us walked her down the aisle and that in itself was a great moment in my life.

Waiting for so long to say "I do" was worth it, the ceremony was beautiful, my sister took the church choir and they added some very harmonious songs to the mass. My niece also offered a couple of songs that she sang for them. It was all very beautiful.

We had the reception at my other sister's house, same as where we had my daughter's two weeks ago and are happy to say that no neighbors complained, so I guess we must behave pretty good. We had good food, plenty of drinks and fun music to dance to.

All in all, another great and successful celebration.

6 comments:

Mel said...

I love reading about your family celebrations, and no its not boring! My life is more routine than yours!

Erin said...

Sounds like another wonderful day for your family! And we do love hearing about them!

MrManuel said...

Sounds like a great time. Seems like you have a wondeful family.

Webmiztris said...

wow, you guys really do celebrate a lot!

Real Life Sarah said...

So may weddings! I'm back online, and stopped by to tell you I'd be voting for your girl Jordin tonight.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Jose,
Don't worry, I'll be voting tonight ;)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants