Monday, November 05, 2007

Tidbits

This has to be crazy but when we are still having temperature record highs in the mid 90s and we are still wearing shorts and sandals and yet you are already seeing Christmas products all over the stores and some houses believe it or not already have their Christmas light up. It's just too crazy and I feel cheated because I see some of the beautiful pictures people post of autumn scenes which we don't get here in Phoenix. It's just not fair.

Well "mi chica" is desperately trying to catch up to me, she had yet another birthday on Saturday. She turned 29 again for like the the 17th time, ummmm, it must be nice to have the secret to the fountain of youth. She had to take her dad to Nogales and when she finally got home we just had an impromptu date to one of our favorite taco places in Phoenix. After that we picked up a coffee at the gas station and headed back home. Truth is I owe her... big time. I'll make it up somehow soon enough. You know I will, don't ya baby!


"Mi chica" Isn't she lovely?

So, what's in the agenda for the immediate future. Well, if my trucking company comes through again, we'll be going to PIR (Phoenix International Raceway) for NASCAR again. We went last year as it was a blast. PIR is only about 15 minutes away from us and the passes we get include admission to Corporate Village where we get to eat and drink as much as we want before the race starts.

If you never been to a NASCAR race you are in for a surprise. First there's a whole city that forms made completely of mobile homes. PIR is in the middle of nowhere but for the event a complete supermarket is supplied. Campers as far as the eye can see and happy people tailgating all over the place just for fun.

Inside, the cars are loud and fast. You can watch the races on TV but will never really appreciate how fast these guys and gals drive until you see them swoosh right in front of your eyes. If you are smart you'll take some sort of ear plugs, these engines really roar.


This is the car that for the second consecutive year has sponsored my way in to PIR and to Corporate Village.

On a separate note, don't forget to visit my photo blog "Arizona... But it's a dry heat! as this week I feature pictures taken by my guest blogger Wanda of "Brushstrokes From the Heart".

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Well I am jealous of Nascar... we wanna take Diego someday. But since we'll be at a birthday party on Saturday I don't think he'll mind jumping around with Matthew and Paula for a few hours!

And I stopped by your photo blog and gave my love to Wanda!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Nice photo of your sweetie! Did you make her that bench?

I went to the Charlotte race a couple of years back, and yes, I got an appreciation for the speed there. However, it was the October race and I almost froze...couldn't even drink a beer it was so cold! It was only about 50, but the wind was howling!

I'm glad our temps have become seasonal here in Tennessee...I'm over hot for a few months.

Wanda said...

Very lovely indeed! Your wife, Jose not the car!!! ((Car is nice too))

MrManuel said...

90s huh? Yeah, we are still in low 80s so I believe it. The cold weather will be all of the sudden I am sure

Erin said...

She is more than lovely!! Happy birthday to her!!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday late to your Chica, she is so pretty!

I have been a couple of Nascar races, you are right its like a little village! I hate the traffic before and after the races though.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants