Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A New Year a New Outlook

OK, so I came in to work, this morning and started tieing all the lose ends from last year and then I saw the scale and decided to weigh myself. Well I did gain a few pounds, I normally weigh 192 lbs. but this morning I tilted the scale at 196 lbs. that is just four pounds shy of 200 so I decided something has to be done.

For starters I took my two mile walk during lunch time, I takes me a good 45 minutes to go around the block and right now the weather is perfect for walking. I need to start exercising but I must admit I am just too lazy, hopefully I'll come up with some sort of exercise just so I can stay in shape. Right now the shape I'm in is round, I want better this year.

Any ideas of what I can do to stay in shape send them my way. I am totally open to suggestions.

9 comments:

Chely said...

Wow Brother! That's a little too high, I think. You need to watch out.

Congratulations on beginning your walks. Walking is a great way to exercise & keep that good old heart pumping.

As for me...I'm DANCING!! I will begin Ballroom Dancing classes of; Salsa, Mambo, Paso Doble, Tango & Cha-Cha, among others. And 2008 is the year for going out to Night Clubs for me and exercising and do what I enjoy most (after Karaokeing) and that is Dancing.

I'm not looking for losing weight as much as "Shaping Up" and learning new dance steps.

Either way, you go for it!!!

Jose said...

Chely - Yeap, dancing would definitely be a good way to stay in shape but we haven't done that either. I will try to continue to walk and maybe I'll even be a rebel and do some sit ups.

Taking dancing classes sounds like fun, learn some new steps so you can teach me, I already tought you all you know. lol

MrManuel said...

196? I would kill for 196!!!!

Jose said...

mrmanuel - LOL, I am only 5' 6". I need to lose a few pounds.

TLR said...

Hi Jose, Walking is a good way, but I bet you and your wife would love dancing together. Also you could excersive your fingers by leaving more comments at Slim's. We miss your humor

TLR said...

crap, that was suppose to be exercise your fingers,,,anyway we miss you over there

Jose said...

tlr - We do love dancing together we just don't go out much anymore. With AI coming soon I'll head back to Slim's, I just don't have enough time to visit all my favorite sites anymore. The internet is going crazy. lol

Tara said...

I'm with you on this one Jose. I think I had one too many holiday cookies and the scale is a bit less forgiving than I remember it being the last time I weighed myself.

Best of luck to you.

Jose said...

tara - All I know is that I am starting some sort of a diet or something. lol I need to be more in shape as I am turning 49 this year.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants